DirectTV at the lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirectTV at the lease.

I know someone has added a box to have tv at the lease.

I called today to add a box. They are trying to charge me $300 for equipment and the mini genie box since it is not at the address on the account. My set up at home is I have the main box in the living room and the bedrooms feed off that box. The small box will not work without the large main box(tried that already).

So can someone tell me how they were able to add a box without paying an arm and a leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need an HD receiver (not the wireless genie system) box activated to your home account, then unplug and take to the lease. Your lease will need its own dish set up. From what I have heard, AT&T is cracking down on this though.

Comment

It’s been a few years, and I don’t know if the genie will work because I believe it has to get the signal from the main box...but I requested a box for a “new tv”’ at my house, they came out and brought the box, hooked it up, and left it. I then took that box to the lease and hooked it up to the dish mounted on our trailer. It was $5/month for that box. Granted, that was a few years ago though

Comment

If you don't have to have Direct TV, check out Dish. I added a tailgater package to our home account for $5/month.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          You need an HD receiver (not the wireless genie system) box activated to your home account, then unplug and take to the lease. Your lease will need its own dish set up. From what I have heard, AT&T is cracking down on this though.
          This is how my set up is.

Comment

Direct is a PITA to deal with. We have it at our place. God forbid you need any technical help. I've spent hours on the phone with them posing as my dad (account holder). He just took boxes from home. They don't understand why the technician can't just come and help lol. It's a real mess sometimes and every time I spend time on the phone with them, I tell myself to get the Dish Tailgator where I am a customer.

Comment

When we travel I just take one of the boxes from home. I have a Winegard antenna that I use with our RV. You loose some channels though, local and local sports. You can get the channels where you are, but you have to change your address to that local. I'd bet that that messes with the home boxes though. When I do it, there is no one here.

Comment

I don't think I have ever had TV at a lease of fishing camp. House I fish out of I could just hook up cable but I don't. I wish it didn't get cell phone reception either.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  I just had this done/installed at my RV at the lake and they did not charge me anything. I already owned the hd box but the tech installed a new hd dish for no charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

**** Millennials

Comment

You could try to buy a hd box off ebay or craigslist or something, add it to your account and take it to your lease.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                        You could try to buy a hd box off ebay or craigslist or something, add it to your account and take it to your lease.
                        Don't, I tried that and they said I couldn't and I was just replacing one of mine. You have to lease from them.

Comment

It's basically a huge pain and if your lease is very far from your service location ( home ) you will not get any local channels . i did what you are wanting to do back before they switched to the genie systems. i just took a dish and a receiver from a spare bedroom and worked fine. i would get all the channels i had at home ( HBO, NFL network ) just no locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Freer View Post
                            It's basically a huge pain and if your lease is very far from your service location ( home ) you will not get any local channels . i did what you are wanting to do back before they switched to the genie systems. i just took a dish and a receiver from a spare bedroom and worked fine. i would get all the channels i had at home ( HBO, NFL network ) just no locals.
                            I get locals on mine...whatever I watch at home...I can watch at lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MA ELite View Post
                              I know someone has added a box to have tv at the lease.

I called today to add a box. They are trying to charge me $300 for equipment and the mini genie box since it is not at the address on the account. My set up at home is I have the main box in the living room and the bedrooms feed off that box. The small box will not work without the large main box(tried that already).

So can someone tell me how they were able to add a box without paying an arm and a leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Add a box at your current residence and move take to ranch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X