3x9 vs 4x12 scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3x9 vs 4x12 scope

Pros and cons of each for hunting? Which do you recommend and why? Assuming they are same scope manufacturer and quality.

I use both when hunting deer in Texas and don’t have a preference really. But they have to be 50mm objective or larger. Just because I like the way they look.
    For long range shooting (300+) I like at least 20x.

Comment

I like the 4x12 over the 3x9- and probable have an equal amount of each (or near those numbers). my favorite scope had a 44mm objective lens- I sold it with a rifle as a package deal. My next will be a 42-50mm on the objective end.

The older my eyes get the more they appreciate the extra zoom on days at the range.

When hunting, letting down to 4-6x for the sit and adjusting from there is how I do it.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I like 4x12x44 anything larger in objective size and you start looking at tall rings. Most of the time I keep the magnification around 6x and go higher depending on range.

Comment

Buy a 3-18. You get the best of both plus some.

Comment

I’ve got a 4.5x14 on my rifle. Got a couple of 3x9 too but I’m a fan or more magnification.

Comment

I prefer a 4-12 over a 3-9 but then again I prefer and use a 4-24 over them all.

Comment

3x9x40 for me, I hunt on foot a lot and have never needed more scope even out west and in the mountains. I like the slimmer objective for carry and trimness. If I were to set up on stands more or spot more in open country I would change to more magnification.

It really depends on your type of hunting.

Comment

For me, 2.5 x 8 or 3x9 is ample for stalking pigs, walk hunting or rattling deer and calling coyotes.

6x18 for shooting yotes or pigs down long senderos.

BP

Comment

Working...
                    X