Christiansen Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
    You're kidding...less than a 243? Not doubting you, but surprised. How loud is it? Asking, b/c I'm considering one.
    Well now he has me thinking about the 28 as well lol

Comment

I have the 28 Nosler too and it shoots very well, so far much better than the new APR .280 AI does. I've never shot a factory round but I have to shoot the minimum book load or it will leave prominent ejector marks and dimple the primer. The velocity is there and the accuracy is there so not sure whats different about the chamber from published data. Everything seems normal just have to load 3 to 4 grains back from max. I'm using Nosler 175 LRAB with Retumbo powder. Killed a 5x5 elk with it 2 weeks ago, punched straight thru, destroyed the heart and lungs. Dime sized exit hole. Their brakes work as well as any I have ever used.
      Last edited by XR650RRider; 10-30-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
        You're kidding...less than a 243? Not doubting you, but surprised. How loud is it? Asking, b/c I'm considering one.
        Not by much but yes. Now keep in mind his 243 is a youth model in a synthetic stock so it is pretty light. It is definitely loud but I will take the increase in sound over punishing recoil any day. Definitely would not want to shoot without hearing protection even in a hunting situation. I bought some of the ear plugs that have the hard band and will keep them around my neck when hunting. When ready to shoot it only takes a second to move them up to ears.

One thing to consider before you buy a 28 is brass and ammo availability. At times it is impossible to get either one. Nosler has been the only one making brass and ammo in 28 Nosler and they have done a horrible job keeping up with the demand.. Hornady did just announce they will be selling there Precision Hunter ammo in 28 so maybe that will help. And maybe others will start offering ammo in there brands as well.

Comment

ttt

Comment

In for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
              In for this.
              so far I haven't really read a bad review but I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the 280 AI model.

Comment

I have one in 7mm Rem Mag. Light weight and shoots in the .2s with 168 bergers and a pretty big jump.

Comment

Working...
                X