Weekend Rolling Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Rolling Blackouts

ERCOT is warning of rolling blackouts this weekend with temps in the low 99s? WTH have they been doing for the last year and a half? We haven’t even gotten close to 100° yet and this is happening? Californians really need to quit moving here.

Link to where they are saying this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post
      Link to where they are saying this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just read that ERCOT was asking power plants not to shut down for maintenance like they typically do in the spring just so there’s enough power for this weekend.

No new power plants have been built, there is currently a major shortage of transformers, and there’s been a LOT of new construction as well as a large influx of new residents to Texas. If you aren’t preparing and expecting for there to be power problems this summer if temps are high then you’ve got your head in the sand.

If you don’t at least have a generator, window unit, and a couple of extra gas cans then now is the time to pick them up.

Comment

It’s probably the fact that the population of the state has grown and the power infrastructure is only 2 years older with little to no upgrades…

Comment

We start getting rolling blackouts and folks are gonna pay more attention to Beto's billboards saying he is the solution to the power grid issues

Comment

I work at a power plant and 2 of our 3 turbine generators are out. We have not been told about being available or to be prepared for anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                I work at a power plant and 2 of our 3 turbine generators are out. We have not been told about being available or to be prepared for anything yet.
                When you say out, does that mean they are broken or simply have been taken off line?

Comment

I thought you were in the wind farm stuff? Is that what you’re talking about? Or gas fired turbine generators?

Comment

to dam many people

Comment

That’s not good!!

ERCOT asks power plants to postpone planned outages to meet demand of extreme heat forecasted this weekend

Comment

Summer's come on too fast for the generic outage schedule allowed year to year.

Funny thing is when all the wind and solar came online the old coals were shutdown, you know because we have wind and solar now.

I heard this morning (on a call w/ our plants scheduling/trading dept) that solar is supposed to hit a record 9K mw's for ERCOT this weekend. Still ain't enough to fill the outage gap obviously.

The GT/HRB outage I'm working isn't scheduled to come back online until early June.
                        Today is day 17 for me, only 30 more to go .

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          When you say out, does that mean they are broken or simply have been taken off line?
                          In outage for repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            We start getting rolling blackouts and folks are gonna pay more attention to Beto's billboards saying he is the solution to the power grid issues
                            Sadly, he could win on that. "What has Abbott done to protect the grid?" You know how many people would vote for him just on that empty promise? And his supporters would say "Abbott had years to figure this out and didn't, we need someone new."

And uninformed voters would say yeah, yeah, I agree, Abbott bad man.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              I thought you were in the wind farm stuff? Is that what you’re talking about? Or gas fired turbine generators?
                              I got out of wind about 7 months ago, I’m working at a power plant that has 2 gas turbines and 1 steam turbine.

Comment

Working...
                              X