All Seasons mammoth S&F corn feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Seasons mammoth S&F corn feeders?

Picked this up the other day. Only one I’ve ever seen. Magnum Trailers had it and said ASF only made them for a couple weeks? Probably because they cost a fortune to make lol. They gave me a deal on it. Full warranty. Has eliminator plate and solar panel. “The Timer” and battery. 600 lbs. just curious if anyone has one or seen one. Reminds me of the ranch king for a LOT less money. Last pic is a normal S&F 600 lb beside it. I did the math on cubic inches because I wasn’t believing it holds 600 lbs. I think it’ll actually hold more. Will soon find out!

And again with the sideways photos. Good grief! Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C252970-08CB-47DE-81E8-3023EA42C45C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	25279265

Name:	AE3412C8-436C-4811-9D7E-7E08CB9FDCDA.jpeg
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	25279266

Name:	F3E14BB2-1ADF-420E-93CE-E406B5193A89.jpeg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	25279267

Name:	C697A0C2-E991-4909-9ED1-678B85EE518F.jpeg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	25279268

Name:	29948FF2-6569-4E81-AA7F-053CE99147D6.jpeg
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	25279269

I've seen them here at the local feed store but that's it. I'd be interested in why they stopped making it. Was it actual material cost, labor cost to build or a liability issue with dragging it around?

Comment

How much was it?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        How much was it?
        $650 out the door.

I think the base being steel would cost them quite a bit to make. Wish they had a second one.

Normal 600s are $799 now. Let’s go brandon!

Comment

Even with that eliminator plate, I'm betting coons will have a field day with it. I know the Hulk coons on my place would have it destroyed within a week

Comment

I like the no cage design of ASF Monolith and definitely worth the price. Especially since buccees EZ feeder went up $100 from $399. Have 3 ASF feeders and have worked well for past 5yrs.

Comment

My coons would definitely give it a try they jump 8ft with a tool belt

Comment

I wonder how quickly pigs or Aoudad would flip that over. Report back when they do.

Comment

We’ve had a couple that have been good. We thought the same thing about flipping over or getting messed up and they have been solid so far. We did have a problem with the eliminator plate hitting the base and sticking. Advantages are you can shoot the back sides behind the feeder that most of the other stand and fills blocks.
                  The story we heard was that ASF lost a legal battle with a similar manufacturer on the design so they had to stop making them.

Comment

Looks like for just a little more expense, the hopper could be twice as tall and hold over 1000#, and still be stand and fill. Maybe it was made for really short folks like TexasTaxi or Tnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                      Looks like for just a little more expense, the hopper could be twice as tall and hold over 1000#, and still be stand and fill. Maybe it was made for really short folks like TexasTaxi or Tnik.
                      Haaaaaa! It for sure is short.

I was gonna buy the bucees one. But I can’t see the motor not getting knocked off. I am curious about the eliminator sticking as it contacts the tower when it drops to spin. I tested it a bunch. But have an idea to fix if that happens.

At $499 plus tax on the EZ Feeder, that’s made with much cheaper components, then coons and wind can still get to the corn. Motor has a high probability to get knocked off. This one was $100 more. I. Thought it was worth it. I wanted another TWS 600 or 1k as I have 2 already. Still need one more feeder. But I’m tired of spending money on them lol. Just don’t want junk!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                        I wonder how quickly pigs or Aoudad would flip that over. Report back when they do.
                        I honestly don’t think they can. The base is heavy.

Now I DO see Aoudad head butting it haha. But we don’t have many that I know of. And I’ll turn that valley into Vietnam if they start trashing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                          We’ve had a couple that have been good. We thought the same thing about flipping over or getting messed up and they have been solid so far. We did have a problem with the eliminator plate hitting the base and sticking. Advantages are you can shoot the back sides behind the feeder that most of the other stand and fills blocks.
                          The story we heard was that ASF lost a legal battle with a similar manufacturer on the design so they had to stop making them.
                          Ranch King I bet lol

Comment

I heard they stopped making them because of patent infringement. We bought a bunch of the 1000 lb model a couple years ago when AS had them on sale.

you need to let it run close to completely empty before refilling each time. the bottom of the feeder is very wide with a very shallow slope and the corn doesn't "drain" well to the spinner plate. so if you refill every time it's halfway empty, the corn in the corners never leaves the corners and eventually goes bad (weevils, dusty, etc).

we've had to dump out a lot of corn out of these compared to the standard all season's stand n fill feeders for that reason. We've never had one knocked over, but they're all inside feeder pens. we have coons like crazy and as long as the spinner plate is up tight against the funnel, they can't get anything.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 04-05-2022, 10:09 AM.

Comment

We bought six when they first came out with them. We loved the design and they threw corn better than the new ones with the varmint cages. However, unless they modified it, there was a place where the wire connecting the timer to the motor was exposed and rats chewed it in half on all of them. All Seasons came to the ranch and fixed them for us on site free of charge and tried to modify them in the field so it couldn't happen again. It lasted about a month and they were all chewed again. The second time they brought us 6 of the current design an replaced all of them.

You may not have any problems and we might just have super rats lol. But, keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X