1978 c10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 c10

Might as well get this started. Sure it will be a slow progression. Moved the old girl for the first time in 25 years yesterday. She actually started up off a gas can. First parts order inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The body looks good! Should be a great project!

Comment

What are your plans?

Comment

My dad used to have a 79. We ran that truck for a long time.

Comment

That's awesome, looks to be in pretty good shape. My first truck was a '78 short bed -
          4 x 4 Keep us updated.

Comment

Let us see the one that is already in the garage please

Comment

Spend some money on better beer.

Good looking truck!! Do yourself a favor and get a holley throttle body injection system. Self learning. Starts right up and runs clean

Comment

Thanks all. No full plans yet. My step dad bought it new as a special order. He sold it, bought it back and started working on it. Parked it when life got in the way and there she sat. May well do a fuel injection setup but will rebuild the carb in the short term. See what else it needs it. That’s my buddies shop in the background and his c10. I’ll get some pictures of it.

Comment

dude. You got some cool projects!!!

Comment

Iā€™m a fan of rally wheels, and 15ā€ wheels on these old trucks. Thinking of ordering 10ā€ wide for the back and paint the best two of these for the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome project! My son are working on an ‘83 right now.

Comment

I had a 79 in high-school.

Got a warning for 117mph! That trk was kool ! 2 tone tan & brown.

If 4x4, I'd prob kept it, lol.

Comment

No good updates. I got a new fuel tank, lines, plugs/wires etc ordered from rock auto along with a new steering wheel since the one in it has deteriorated and a carb rebuild kit. Fuel injection may come, but going cheap for now to see what issues arise. Have to get ahead of some honey do's and family obligations before I can do much work to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            No good updates. I got a new fuel tank, lines, plugs/wires etc ordered from rock auto along with a new steering wheel since the one in it has deteriorated and a carb rebuild kit. Fuel injection may come, but going cheap for now to see what issues arise. Have to get ahead of some honey do's and family obligations before I can do much work to it.

Good call on going with a new tank & lines. You'll save a ton of headaches going that route.

Comment

Thought I had posted this already. I have an extra set of back wheels you can use to test fit if needed sir

Comment

Working...
                              X