No announcement yet.

How dangerous is Fentanyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I’ve asked before, but don’t know if I got an answer. Why do they put Fentanyl in any drug? Aren’t they just killing their host? I forgot to add, they do use Fentanyl. It’s in the form of a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      I think I’ve asked before, but don’t know if I got an answer. Why do they put Fentanyl in any drug? Aren’t they just killing their host? I forgot to add, they do use Fentanyl. It’s in the form of a patch.
      If I have a kilo of heroin I can make X dollars as a drug dealer. If I add just a little fentanyl to that heroin I can add kilos of baby powder or any other inert powder to the mix and I just made my 1X into 5-10X. The drug trade does not want to kill its customers but its an unfortunate side effect they are willing to accept for all the extra profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
        It's all politics. Every warm body that comes across that border is a future Democrat voter. That's why they won't lift a finger to slow it down. That's why so many of those illegals are sent to borderline red/blue states, and that's why they're allowing hundreds of thousands of them into Texas - they know if Texas turns blue, we'll never have another Republican president. We're almost there: remember in the Clinton/Trump race, Hillary Clinton got 44% of the Texas vote. We're looking over the edge of the cliff. A steadily growing number of liberal cities (e.g. San Francisco, cities in NY, NJ, etc.) are already allowing illegals to vote in local elections.

As far as the cartels, no way we're going to stop them. They are HUGE, with thousands of members, trained and armed with the latest weapons technology, and billions and billions of dollars in cash. It's not like we'd drop a couple of bombs or send in some troops and they'd be history. They control every square inch of Mexico, and anybody who looks at them the wrong way can end up chopped to pieces and stuffed in a trash bag. Seriously - these guys make ISIS look like a bunch of Girl Scouts.

The only way we can stop this mess is to make a TIGHT border. Build the freaking wall, cram it with sensors and armed patrols, so tight an ant can't get through. Not going to happen, though, as long as the Democrats are running the country.
        This guy gets it! And they reproduce way more, because its all free to them

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          I didn't watch the video but I'm glad it's a thing. We'll get rid of a bunch of idiots on this earth because of this drug. If you do drugs and it kills you that's on you. Don't expect me or anyone on this earth to care about your life if you don't.

My best suggestion is if someone is suffering from what seems to be an overdose, let them die. It's not worth risking your life to save theirs.
          AMEN! I got no patience for drug head losers

They are people always searching for something as their life sucks.

Some people don't like to hear it, but if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes

Natural selection

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
            We are feeling it in the High schools. Multiple deaths this year.

Without telling my students what we were talking about I had them pass around a sweet n low packet. Told them to make an observation on weight and size. Then I told the last person to read the weight on the packet. 1 gram. 1,000 mg. I then told them we are discussing fentanyl. 2mg is a fatal dose so that tiny packet will kill 500 people. That was lesson 1.

Lesson 2 was for them to understand no kid is going out and trying to score a bag of fentanyl. It is being added to almost all other drugs especially heroin, coke, and ecstasy. You don’t overdose on fentanyl, you are poisoned with it. They thought people were doing fentanyl on purpose and as long as they would never buy it they would be fine. You don’t find fentanyl, it finds you. No generation has had to deal with this before and every generation has experimented with drugs throughout history.

Then I asked them what the leading cause of death for 18-45 year olds is. Cancer! Nope. Obesity! Nope. Heart Disease! Nope.

Fentanyl

One thing I don’t care for is fentanyl test strips are illegal in TX. If my kid became an addict Id rather him/her have a chance to live by being safe than get that call. Its easy to say “well they shouldn’t be doing drugs” but kids do and when they are poisoned to death with fentanyl it is a very sad deal. Walk a mile in those shoes before you judge. Imagine your child dead. Your govt doesn’t care. They are getting rich off of this just like the opioid crisis and so the border remains wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Just confirmed today, two high school seniors at the Woodlands high school died last week from fentanyl. One boy and one girl. They have arrested the drug pusher and charged him!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
              Just confirmed today, two high school seniors at the Woodlands high school died last week from fentanyl. One boy and one girl. They have arrested the drug pusher and charged him!
              I was wondering how that story would turn out. Initial report I read didn't have any info.

Comment

This is what was found in my daughter's blood during her autopsy. This is what killed her on September 6, 2021..

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                  This is what was found in my daughter's blood during her autopsy. This is what killed her on September 6, 2021..
                  My sincere condolences sir.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                    That kid that sold it to them will have to pay the price but he also had no idea there was fentanyl in those drugs. That was done at a much higher level. Hopefully they turn him and keep turning until they get some heavy hitters arrested.

Comment

Drug rehab centers are reporting over 85 percent of the initial uranalysis on intake contain fentanyl. None of those people ever knew they consumed it. This **** is killing our children at ungodly levels and I say again, our government doesnt give a ****.

Comment

So sorry for your loss Bowanta, wish you hadn’t read many many of these posts

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          Almost no one is intentionally using it. You would have to have a specialized scale to measure micro grams. If you OD on fentanyl you were poisoned.

If someone put rat poison in your vodka did you drink yourself to death?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Exactly. It is a weapon of mass destruction IMO..
                          But I do know one young man who deliberately used it. Believe it or not he was a very handsome, physically fit, brilliant, highly respected nurse. You would have had no idea.. He is no longer with us..
                          In one of our last conversations about his stints in rehab he told me that MANY nurses are abusing it.. He even told me how they extract it from the patches.. A month later he is dead. He was a great young man. I loved him. Be was basically my nephew. Soon to be anyway.. He made some very stupid and very dangerous decisions. He circled that flame until it sucked him in and burnt him up.. It happens..
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 05-13-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Exactly. It is a weapon of mass destruction IMO..
                            But I do know one young man who deliberately used it. Believe it or not he was a very handsome, physically fit, brilliant, highly respected nurse. You would have had no idea.. He is no longer with us..
                            In one of our last conversations about his stints in rehab he told me that MANY nurses are abusing it.. He even told me how they extract it from the patches.. A month later he is dead. He was a great young man. I loved him. Be was basically my nephew. Soon to be anyway.. He made some very stupid and very dangerous decisions. He circled that flame until it sucked him in and burnt him up.. It happens..
                            Hate to hear of the tragedies. Pharmaceutical grade fentanyl is at least a known entity. However, there have been cases where toddlers step on a discarded fentanyl patch (that may have very little fentanyl left) and die from the transdermal absorption.

For years many of these pain clinics were prescribing fentanyl "lollipops" under the name Actiq for EVERYTHING. The only on label use, at least at the time, was for end stage cancer pain. I don't believe this has changed. People were literally sucking on these pops all day and had their teeth rot out and numerous patients died.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Every person has the right to his or her own opinion and I for one will not judge them on it. You never know what is going on in someone's life, just don't judge them.
                              I agree there are some SORRY Drug Head Losers out there, but there are also a LOT of People that have righted their wrongs and one small slip up, LITERALLY, kills them.
                              Again, I am not offended, mad, or upset at some of the comments. Just step back for a second and try (as hard as it might be) to think what if this happens to one of your children. Will you still feel the same way? Look in the mirror and ask yourself how would you feel?
                              Some people have thoughts and ideas about things that are going on in others life's that they have no idea about. And you won't have any idea until it hits you personally
                              Last edited by Bowanta; 05-13-2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                I join Farmdog in these sentiments. Incredibly saddened by and sorry for your loss. May God heal your pain.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X