Auto parts stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    It is that hard because you answer the $&?!@ questions and they still have no idea what the +#^% your looking for.
    Go to the dealership. See how they treat you…

Comment

The ol boys at Gateway knew their stuff

Comment

Lol i feel y’all pain !
        i have a 51 studebaker with a 350 chevy in it with camaro brakes and a s-10 rear end and a 27 ford roadster with a 327 chevy in it lol
        so ive had the don’t worry about what year and model car i’m needing parts for just get me this conversation a hundred times lol
        ive had good luck with rock auto and ebay parts usually half the price of oreilly seam to be same quality china crap you get from all the places now

Comment

NAPA went down hill bad when Bubba Stone sold out after LeRoy Crook died.
          Last edited by MASTERS; 05-11-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Heaven forbid you bring a Timken Bearing Part number. Mind blown....

Comment

along these lines. We had a pretty good ole time hardware store in town, but they'd hire kids to help. I guess they gotta work too.
              Any way, I knew the store better than they did. I'd walk in and they'd say, "can I help you?" I'd tell myself to be nice and mumble to my self, "probably not". I was already walking to the location before I could tell em what I wanted.

There is also a boat dealer/repair shop in town: I was in town and on a whim I thought about getting a new water pump impeller.
              Guy asks me year and model. 50 horse 69 Mercury.
              Guy says got a serial number. No.
              Well they changed things up about that time. So, I leave.

Go back a couple of weeks later with info in hand. He goes in back to fetch the parts.
              He left his parts manual open. I forget the exact dates, but 64-74 50 hp and 65 hp all the same impeller!

I just had to chuckle.

also do a lot of "creative" workings. Go in and ask for such and such and they invariable want to know make, model, and year.
              I don't have a make, model, year; I just want this ziringator. They can't find it without a bible.
              Last edited by hpdrifter; 05-11-2022, 10:48 PM.

Comment

We have a great NAPA store in Brownwood

Comment

I typically answer all of their checklist questions, then pause and add the color of my truck, as if that will help them narrow it down. Most of them find it humorous.

Comment

Working...
                  X