What work jeans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What work jeans?

I’m looking for some advice on what work jeans I need to look for. I just transferred to a different location for work. At this location I climb on and off a moffit/spider lift (forklift) on the back of a flatbed trailer. The lift sits high when I have to unhook the chains from the trailer and I have to climb back on it. In doing this it’s a high step back up on it. I have ripped 2 pairs of jeans in 2 1/2 weeks in the crotch area getting back on the lift. I have tried Wranglers and the Atwood’s store brand, both have ripped. I’m looking for some jeans that will not break the bank, but will not rip.

Yes, I’m a big guy in weight (330#) and waist size 48. The jeans I have been wearing are loose fitting.

Duluth is hard to beat.
    I have several different types of their pants, and have climbed 1000 of ft in all of em .
    Are you specifically looking for "jeans".

Comment

Do they have to be "blue jeans"? If not, both are expensive but 5:11 Apex are next level as well as Kuhl Radikl's. Both are thinner material, if thats an issue, but have a flex style material in the crotch and where you need it.

Comment

Tough-skins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Tough-skins.
          This, or Girbaud skinny jeans, the ones with the zipper in the back!

Comment

Wrangler carpenter jeans. Relaxed fit

Comment

Iv taken a liking to the tractor supply smiths workwear canvas pants.

Comment

Riggs carpenter jeans by Wrangler

Comment

Tractor Supply has a brand called ridge cut. They are lightweight but heavy duty ripstop material. $35 a pr

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                    Do they have to be "blue jeans"? If not, both are expensive but 5:11 Apex are next level as well as Kuhl Radikl's. Both are thinner material, if thats an issue, but have a flex style material in the crotch and where you need it.

Kuhl Radikls fan here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Wrangler ATG double fronted is my go to now and very affordable. I put them through hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ariat Rebar Jeans

They last and are very relaxed in the seat, thighs, and crotch. Definitely down with the big people.

I am 6'3, #300.

Comment

It's getting hot out here for us big guys. I'm thinking about switching to thin stretchable cotton shorts.

Comment

I feel your pain!!

My issue is the zipper is way too long.

I switched to Dickies 5 Pocket carpenter jeans. The zipper is still longer than I like but shorter than others.

I'm in Iowa running a Fertilizer tender trailer. I'm always climbing up and down off the catwalk or the rear deck to get to the catwalk on the side of the trailer to sweep it out. Here in Iowa they're like $27/each for 42-34 ir 42-36

I bought some of the black Dickies qork pants from Walmart im Canton.
                            I tried several cuts. Before coming to Iowa I decided i liked the 5 Pocket Carpenter Pants. The little pocket on the side by the knee holds my cell phone...

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Duluth is hard to beat.
                              I have several different types of their pants, and have climbed 1000 of ft in all of em .
                              Are you specifically looking for "jeans".
                              X2. Duluth a little on the high side but they stretch and last longer than anything else I’ve found.

Comment

Working...
                              X