No announcement yet.

If you could Live to be 100 years old during anytime in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd want to be in my prime during the 1920's, so born in 1900 and live to 2000.

Liberty kind of started going downhill after 9/11 anyway.

Comment

I wish I had access to a Time Machine, so I could go back in time to different specific eras and events, but only stay for a week or so then come back to present time.

Comment

i`d like to be stuck in the mid 1980`s at the age i was then , GOOD TIMES !! for me anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
          i`d like to be stuck in the mid 1980`s at the age i was then , GOOD TIMES !! for me anyway .
          same here, and know what I know now.
          Definitely good times.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            when would you want to live? Pick your 100 years and tell me why.

I think for me it would be 1860-1960. The west was still wild. I’d be a 20 year old Texas gunslinger in 1880. Many times I wish I’d of been born at least 100 years sooner. So many things were invented during that time. I’d experience the roaring 20’s. Even still be kicking for the rocking 50’s. Start my life living off the land and end it in a cozy air conditioned house with all the comforts of home.
            Would have been a great time to be alive IF you knew what you know now and had todays health care. All the great inventions during that time, cars, smokeless powder, airplanes, Harley Davidsons. Start on a horse in the wild west and finish in a car.

Comment

Yall are overthinking this. Its hypothetical. Whining about air conditioning and modern conveniences. Good thing some of yall were born in the soft times [emoji23].

Let me try and help the OP since this thread should be good.

Your god just came to you and said you are done here but since I like you, you get another lifetime. Not a repeat of this one. It must be a time in history you find the most interesting. You have no choice in the matter and stop whining about air conditioning you are embarrassing me and yourself.

Now choose or go to hell in 5, 4, 3, 2……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would like to start the 100 years 17 years before most all females came to recognize being slick sheared is the way to go.
                Last edited by twright; 05-05-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

The Cowboy Song, written by Roy Robinson, sung by Don Edwards.

I don't think the past was a glorious place to be. God put us here and now for a reason. Yes, it would be romanticize about living in certain times, but don't get stuck there. The grass wasn't any greener than it is now.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg3_oGNFTuc"]The Cowboy's Song - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

2075-2175

I’ll try the future for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      when would you want to live? Pick your 100 years and tell me why.

I think for me it would be 1860-1960. The west was still wild. I’d be a 20 year old Texas gunslinger in 1880. Many times I wish I’d of been born at least 100 years sooner. So many things were invented during that time. I’d experience the roaring 20’s. Even still be kicking for the rocking 50’s. Start my life living off the land and end it in a cozy air conditioned house with all the comforts of home.

Well you tried OP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I agree with the OP 1860-1960 seams like a good time.

Comment

As long as I get to enjoy the 70's music and cars I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                            I agree with the OP 1860-1960 seams like a good time.
                            Yep, that's the era I'd pick.

I remember my grandmother telling me about growing up in the great depression. Seems like the older she got the easier life was. From milking 5 cows a day by hand in the Texas heat at the age of 8, to sitting in a rocker in the ac snapping peas at 90, and everything in between. If I get to that age, I don't think I'll be able to tell my grandkid that life got better the older I got. In my opinion, we peaked in the 1980's

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                              I would like to start the 100 years 17 years before most all females came to recognize being slick sheared is the way to go.

Comment

I've always been intrigued about the old days and I guess I would fall somewhere around 1880-1980.

I have been listening to some history podcasts over the past several weeks....one of them is Legends of the Old West (Red Cloud's War, Little Bighorn, Billy the Kid, Jesse James, etc...). Fascinating and I've been hooked!! Also a couple of others are Infamous America (Bonnie and Clyde, Mob stories, Dillinger, etc.) and American History Tellers (The Guilded Age 1870-1900, Roaring 20' Great Depression, etc.) The one reoccurring thing has gotten to me is the amount of killing of human life...it was such a different time in the 1800's up through the early 1900' and even through 1930's. If you like history, you should check these out!

Comment

Working...
                                X