No announcement yet.

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor kid. Looks like he's having a tough time being away haha. Nice work on the snook.

Comment

Wind was absolutely brutal today, 2 drum/2 reds found the box in the Upper Laguna.

Comment

It was blowing so hard I went bass fishing. Please forgive me.

Comment

Wind isn’t gonna give us a break that I can see

Comment

I have this Pathfinder for sale in the classifieds if you know anyone in the market. $25,000

Thanks,

Hogboy

Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 Pathfinder Fusion 2100 tbh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	24682321
            Last edited by Leonhogboy; 04-24-2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
              Wind was absolutely brutal today, 2 drum/2 reds found the box in the Upper Laguna.

I watched some really impressive boxes come it Friday and Saturday on North Padre which was amazing in the brutal winds we had there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Kid has a week left in Florida, he says he's ready to come home and then sends this

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                That boy is living the life!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  That boy is living the life!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                  Hes certainly not going to know how to act in the clear waters of Texas [emoji28]

Comment

Snuck out this morning as the sun was coming up.

Same drain but tide was draining instead of coming in. Tons of bait, water clarity was much worse than other day. Dang wind was howling.

Ended up catching around 50 trout, most being 10-15”. Had my GoPro for my YouTube channel and caught dink’s 3-4 in a row several times. Had 5 over 17” strung them up. (3)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Made another trip out this morning. Dang wind was howling! Water was more sandy than green. Bait was everywhere. Trout, not so much. Only landed 17 fish, about half were dink’s, the other half were up to 20”.

I had slicks popping up but couldn’t get anything out of them.

Chunked it out, and for some reason didn’t start working it back. Once I got the slack out, I realized I had a fish on. It jumps out the water and swims towards me, catch up to it, makes a circle around me, and spits the hook. Guesstimate it was 22-23”
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        Made another trip out this morning. Dang wind was howling! Water was more sandy than green. Bait was everywhere. Trout, not so much. Only landed 17 fish, about half were dink’s, the other half were up to 20”.

I had slicks popping up but couldn’t get anything out of them.

Chunked it out, and for some reason didn’t start working it back. Once I got the slack out, I realized I had a fish on. It jumps out the water and swims towards me, catch up to it, makes a circle around me, and spits the hook. Guesstimate it was 22-23”
                        Congrats!

Comment

^^^Thank you!

On another note, eyeballing this 17-23 limit sucks! I just made a temporary mark on my rod when I got home.

Don’t understand why the limit wasn’t made 15-20 if it was going to be dropped.

9 of the 12 trout I’ve kept in the last 3 days have been full of eggs.

Comment

Funny, I'll catch 20-30 and only think about the one that got off. In my mind he'll be 27'' by tomorrow. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Kid has a week left in Florida, he says he's ready to come home and then sends this

I think pound for pound that fish right there would drown anything with gills! Caught a couple around Tampa and every time I figured I had something way way bigger!

Comment

Thought I had a longer window today. Ran to the ditch and caught 2 trout for dinner and then caught a couple good sized fish. 25-26 inch fish. Stayed too long and when I came back into the bay it was nasty. 3 mile 30 minute boat ride nasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X