No announcement yet.

JFT Turkey Tour 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Clay! Hit here last night about 10, been raining on and off since.

Comment

Check out this hunt from my lease! Sub to the channel as well, potentially another turkey video dropping after season ends

Comment

Put this pretty lady on a fine double bearded bird yesterday afternoon about 6pm. The big bears was 11 5/8” and the small on was right at 5”. Spurs left a little to be desired but that smile was worth it.

Comment

Heard a gobble…..once

Or maybe I didn’t…who knows?

But whatever that sound was, it only happened one time.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Put this pretty lady on a fine double bearded bird yesterday afternoon about 6pm. The big bears was 11 5/8” and the small on was right at 5”. Spurs left a little to be desired but that smile was worth it.

Helluva rope on that bird! Congrats!

Comment

Hunted til 10 this mornin then the rain hit

Sat around for a few hours and PoPo said we might as well be hunting. So I found us an old clear cut, threw out a hen decoy snd here we sit in the rain.

I just surprised him with a warm Busch Light I packed in…no turkeys but life is good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                Hunted til 10 this mornin then the rain hit

Sat around for a few hours and PoPo said we might as well be hunting. So I found us an old clear cut, threw out a hen decoy snd here we sit in the rain.

I just surprised him with a warm Busch Light I packed in…no turkeys but life is good!!!
                Sometimes you the windshield…..and sometimes you the bug! You have chosen the hardest method there is to kill a Texas Eastern…..but you knew that from the get go. I commend yalls perseverance!!! I certainly don’t have that in me
                Last edited by Passthrough; 04-25-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the double beard Jaker! Good stuff there

Keep grinding Clay. Being in the woods is much better than the no-hunting purgatory some of us are currently stuck in. Season is winding down. Gotta send it!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                    Sometimes you the windshield…..and sometimes you the bug! You have chosen the hardest method there is to kill a Texas Eastern…..but you knew that from the get go. I commend yalls perseverance!!! I certainly don’t have that in me

There’s more to turkey hunting that hunting a group of Rios on family land

If we come home empty handed tomorrow, I’ll be 100% ok with it

But……I really want to get PoPo an Eastern!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                      Congrats on the double beard Jaker! Good stuff there

Keep grinding Clay. Being in the woods is much better than the no-hunting purgatory some of us are currently stuck in. Season is winding down. Gotta send it!

Amen!

Comment

If we come home empty handed tomorrow, I’ll be 100% ok with it

But……I really want to get PoPo an Eastern!!!
                        Understood…..I wish y’all the best of luck the rest of the way! I am
                        Up to guide a Rio hunt next weekend and am NOT looking forward to it in 90
                        plus temps next weekend….but….is what it is!!

Comment

!!
                          [emoji15]

Do I need to dig into my JFT bag of quotes? [emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            [emoji15]

Do I need to dig into my JFT bag of quotes? [emoji12][emoji23]

Haha

Add that to the bag!!

Comment

Turkey season is always a great time of year up here! Went out Friday morning and got a decent bird. 10” 24lb, and picked a few pounds of the real good stuff afterwards.

View from the yard after stuffing myself on the fried goodness of the day! Can’t beat it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Glad to see folks are still killing birds. These ‘easy’ rios have whipped me pretty good this year. I did a one day trip to menard Sunday. I learned 1) it’s not a easy to get up in the wee hours and drive as it used to be and 2) there were easily 1.6 million deer in the road or adjacent to it that morning.

I did have two different groups of hens/gobbler answer my calls. Both times I heard the hens, called and both the hens and gobbler answered. Never could get him to break loose or get the hens moving my way.

I did call a group of 16 jakes to me in a field setup. They didn’t beat up the decoys, but rather mulled around for over an hour and a half making all sorts of clucks, purrs, and kee-kees. It was a cool experience.

Hope everyone finishes the season strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X