Humidity too high in cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    If the unit is too big for the space it is probably short cycling and not running long enough to get the humidity out of the air.
    My thoughts exactly... I run dehumidifier 24/7..on timer...depending on humidity sometimes 15m an hour sometimes 30m an hour..get a good accurate humidity measurement constant read..There not expensive just finding a good accurate one can be a challenge..I have about 1700sf insulated home built in 60s and added some insulation in attic..On humid days which are most here 20 miles from coast..My average about 120 pints a day thats on the dehimid....alone as for what A/C pulls out I have never measured...And my electric bill has never exceeded 170.00a month...Oh yes I'm fixin to put in a mini-split to replace my 3.5T TRANE installed in 1989 with original freon (never been recharged..or opened)..So get to learn what a diff system can do..and how to modify my Humid control..
    Last edited by cva34; 04-19-2022, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Do you have a vent fan in the bathroom. Showering creates a lot of steam/humidity. Also, it sounds like the ac is not running long enough to dry the air. Have you tried running the dehumidifier and the ac at the same time. The dehumidifier will add a little heat load on the ac and cause the ac to run longer the help dry the air.

Comment

Run the dehumid all the time. even when you are not there. It will take time to pull the moisture out. Once you seal it up.

Comment

If you can see daylight around the eaves I bet your pulling air from outside that is humid and the AC and dehumidifier never have a chance to remove moister as it's constantly being drawn into structure.

Comment

Ir might be too tightly sealed and not enough air flow to get the moisture out

Comment

I know I'm gonna get a lot of naysayers but turn off the danged ceiling fans. Let the cool air sink.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                I know I'm gonna get a lot of naysayers but turn off the danged ceiling fans. Let the cool air sink.

That’s not really how ceiling fans work…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do they work Dale?

Comment

No ceiling fans.

Comment

Really? Well… They either take the air near the ceiling and push it downward, or the reverse, depending which direction they are running! Either way the air is being circulated from top to bottom, or bottom to top.

Comment

How do they work Dale?
                        Is it your contention that a ceiling fan pulls the cold air up and holds it near the ceiling thus creating humidity? It sounds like your solution to the humidity problem is simply turning off the fan?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Really? Well… They either take the air near the ceiling and push it downward, or the reverse, depending which direction they are running! Either way the air is being circulated from top to bottom, or bottom to top.

Exactly. Cool air sinks right. It fans are pushing the warmer air down the cool air is displaced and is pushed up.

Comment

Do you think that warm air just stays up there above the fan???

You definitely don’t know how ceiling fans work… This is not thermal dynamics 303…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Do you think that warm air just stays up there above the fan???

You definitely don’t know how ceiling fans work… This is not thermal dynamics 303…

It will stay up there if not disturbed. And the cool air is drier than warm air.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X