30th birthday trip ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30th birthday trip ideas

My wife is turning 30 soon and I was wanting to surprise her by taking her on a weekend trip sometime in May.

We live in the Cypress area and would like to keep it within a 3 hour drive and we have a 4 year old kid, so the place will need to be kid friendly. Ideally, I would like to keep it under $500 for accommodations (good luck, right ).

So far, here's what I came up with:
    -VRBO on Lake Conroe (or any lake close by), but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas on what to do during the day (we've done the boating/fishing thing already, so I would like to plan something different)...I thought of doing the Margaritaville day pass, but I'm not sure what to expect out of that

-Wine tour in Fredericksburg, but that's really pushing it on drive time and I'm not sure if it's kid friendly

-Hill country get-away, but I can't really think of anything to do or where to stay

Help me out with some ideas so I can make her birthday a special one.

We just took our camper to Yogi Bear Park in Canyon Lake over spring break. My wife enjoyed it so much we’re going back for her birthday soon. The park is a ton of fun stuff for kids. If you don’t have a camper they rent cabins and tent camping is permitted too. We went to Natural Bridge Caverns, there’s also a drive through safari, canyon lake, the river etc. Greune was fun too.

Comment

Fredericksburg wouldn’t be my first choice. It was fun but much of it closes early in the evening so not much night life. And you’d be chasing the 4yo around so wineries wouldn’t be much fun either.

What about Galveston? Get a hotel and hit the beach, shell shops, strand, etc. That’s one of our family camper destinations a couple times per year.

Comment

San Antonio. Stay at the Hyatt, or JW Marriot and play around the hotel. We've done that a couple times with my daughter who is 4 now as well. We are about the same age as you, and my wife has started on me about doing something for our anniversary! lol

Comment

To the dealership to trade in on a newer model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

Ziiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg!!!!

Comment

Gruene, Schilitterbahn, Guadalupe River.

Comment

She is just now hitting her prime

Comment

Already installed the lift kit, so may as well keep this model

Comment

This made me LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
                      Thats good bull right there!

Comment

Op,
                        Don’t they have some wineries within driving distance of lake Conroe? I am not sure I have been out of the area for a while. Instead of a slow country setting, maybe downtown Houston or Dallas, nice places to eat, nice place to stay, museum district etc?

see why some of you fellows have been married multiple times. But to each his own.
                        Last edited by tps7742; 04-14-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

stablewood springs in Hunt, tx. Nice accommodations, great pools/hot tub, river access, lots to do in Kerrville and many wineries around.

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Oh man huge mistake

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X