• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!

Comment

Menhaden are starting to pile into the bays

Comment

Nice work Glen. I'm not seeing the big groups of Shad/Menhaden in the back lakes like usual this time of year. It seems to me there's not as much bait this year. Maybe Cpt Glenn can will give his opinion.

Comment

Nice day of fishing!

Kevin, I'm seeing lots of little shad and most of the redfish caught in the backlakes and marsh are packed full of them right now. Little bitty ones. The river and diversion channel have had a bunch of bigger shad in them. But I don't see them everywhere. I fished a back lake today that I did not see any shad in at all. I didn't fish the whole thing and they may have been stacked on another bank from where I was but the area I fished was full of mullet but no shad.

Comment

I threw a net on a school that was the size of a baseball field in front of Rockport yesterday. Caught about 6 about 5 inches long. Today out by Hog Island there was a big school also.

Comment

Had planned on wetting a line yesterday morning when I got off from work, but ended up falling asleep on the couch when I got home.

Saw there was a minor feed later in the morning so I slept in a little this morning. Got in the water, heavy fog on the water, clarity was crystal clear. Was in thigh deep water and could see my boots.

Absolutely no bait movement, birds on the bank, nothing going on. Guess the critters didn’t get the memo there was supposed to be a minor feed. I got one bite, and it was a 16” flounder.
              Attached Files

Comment

All day long on that fried flounder baw

Comment

Dang good eating right there!

Comment

Looking yummy. We had flounder fish tacos with homemade pico yesterday, sure am loving the flounder being more plentiful lately.

Comment

I throw back a lot of fish but if I threw back a flounder my wife would kill me dead lol. Getting dinner ain't so bad, way to stay with it.

Comment

La meat haul Sunday on Sabine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of yall wet waded yet?? Headed down to Port Isabel on Friday, would sure like to leave the waders at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                            Any of yall wet waded yet?? Headed down to Port Isabel on Friday, would sure like to leave the waders at the house.
                            Got in the water of the ulm Sunday. A little cool but doable.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

La meat haul Sunday on Sabine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              And this is why Sabine will never reach full potential. Texans having conservative limits while folks launching in LA have very liberal limits.

Nothing against you, it’s just a very broken system. This is exactly why the Hackberry guides run to Sabine all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                And this is why Sabine will never reach full potential. Texans having conservative limits while folks launching in LA have very liberal limits.

Nothing against you, it’s just a very broken system. This is exactly why the Hackberry guides run to Sabine all the time.
                                Yep

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X