No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch. That stops usually around high school. Let the fans do it then.

Comment

I hope you're kidding. I can't imagine letting my kid do it, much less doing it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
        Just got home from mansfield, playing 12uAA. Our 11uAAA boys did great, got the 2 seed, but lost to a bunch of bigger kids today. Biggest kid hit one off my boy that traveled 290-300' in the air.

Question:. at what point do these kids stop SCREAMING at the pitcher while he's working? I'm not talking about baseball chatter, just incessant screaming, banging, anything to distract the pitcher. I get chatter, it's a part of the game.
        it hasnt stopped at 14u, its ridiculous and embarrassing.

our 14s had another tough weekend going 1-3. brock played well and pitched much better last night than he did in his last outing, but as a team we just havent put it together yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          it hasnt stopped at 14u, its ridiculous and embarrassing.
          And gross. We have a great group of parents and kids (with one exception, but they're coming around). Our coach won't allow such things.

I was wondering how the parents weren't embarrassed by their kids' actions yesterday, right up until two moms got removed from the park for cussing at Blue. Then it all made sense. And I thought AAU basketball was bad...

Comment

Well we went 0-2 on Saturday. Second game was close, first game not so much.

So we got the 8 am game Sunday. We finally started the game around 9:45 due to fog delay!!

We too the W on the first game and came up just short the next game.

Still excited that we got to play 4 games on the weekend!

Comment

logan and the 11s are playing up in 12u this weekend, kind of wish we would have just played 11open myself. we will be at oak grove at 130 and 5 saturday.

Comment

My oldest will be at it again this weekend. Playing an 8u tournament in the Houston area. If these boys are on I expect them to go deep into the tournament on Sunday!

Comment

our 11U HBI-Sliders are playing in the majors division at BBUSA this weekend. Got 2 and 4 on Saturday, so no complaints. The pollen is off the charts down here right now, twice the historical high for Oak. So half these boys will sniffle and rub their eyes all weekend and getting them thru hopefully 3 games on Sunday could be a challenge.

Comment

2-0 today!

Ours boys have a good shot at the [emoji568] tomorrow. There are several good teams this weekend so it won’t be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                      2-0 today!

Ours boys have a good shot at the [emoji568] tomorrow. There are several good teams this weekend so it won’t be easy.

Boys battled this weekend and made it to the semi-final game but came up a couple runs short of making the championship. It was a great weekend and the boys definitely improved

Comment

Our 11u Texas Cannons team went 3-1. Locked up the 2 seed Saturday and ran into a great team from Corsicana in the semis today. Overall a fun weekend and we seem to be improving every weekend.

Comment

logan and the national team went 1-1 on saturday and then ran the table yesterday bringing home the championship. it wasnt his best weekend at the plate, everything he hit hard was at someone and the mis-hits seemed to find a hole, but he had a blast.

other than the wind, it was a nice little weekend of baseball.

Comment

A few pics

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Morning all. My son is 13 and has really put on some size and is looking to try his hand at first. Does anyone have a good used first base mitt for a righty that they would part with? Or what size and brand would you guys recommend for this application? I have zero experience with first base mitts so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comment

Our boys are in a funk. They've played well below their standard the last 2 tournaments, especially defensively. We're at Rocker B the 23rd, so I hope they get it together quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X