Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I thought it was a coral snake.

Nope, he was by the water not by a corral. Has to be a water snake.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      When they’re stretched out like that you can grab them by the tail and crack them like a whip. Just watch for the head when it flies off.
      I once hunted snakes with a man that had a horrible scar on his arm from doing this exact thing. Good call Jeff.

Comment

Are you sure you almost stepped on him?

Comment

that's cool!

Comment

My cousin killed two in our ranch yard Tuesday and one of our Great Pyrenees got bit. We head out in the morning for the ranch. I'm cool with snakes if I see them from a safe distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I once hunted snakes with a man that had a horrible scar on his arm from doing this exact thing. Good call Jeff.
              My dad would say why waste a bullet. He'd grab the tail and pop the head off. I didn't inherit that trait.

Comment

Bigguun!

Comment

So did you just have to change the whitey tighteys or the shorty shorts as well??

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Are you sure you almost stepped on him?
                    You lost me there.

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                    So did you just have to change the whitey tighteys or the shorty shorts as well??
                    It was an almost peed moment.

Comment

Someone told me once, when you see a rattlesnake two movements happen: a physical movement and a bowel movement.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        When they’re stretched out like that you can grab them by the tail and crack them like a whip. Just watch for the head when it flies off.
                        Yeah, right!! (not me !!!)

Comment

Nice one there. He would be safe at my place. Like seeing them.

Comment

We have 20+ acres across from our deer lease that is also part of our lease. It is thick mesquites, rocky and hilly with 2 tanks on it, an old camper and an old cellar(from the early 1900`s) that is caved in but accessible to snakes and other critters. I won`t walk around it without my snake chaps on and we do not hunt it at all. No way I`m walking to by blind in the dark during bow season on that 20+ acres. The snakes can have it. I walked up on this snake 2 years ago on the land we do hunt. Got within 4 ft. before he let me know the F back.

Attached Files

Comment

My pops used to tell me about a Game Warden out of the San Angelo area (i believe) that would pop em like a whip, or calmly open his pocket knife and stab 'em between the eyes while holding their tail. Said he could hold conversations while doing it too, I love me some snakes, but God didn't make my gonads out of steel like some of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDogOutdoors View Post
                                My pops used to tell me about a Game Warden out of the San Angelo area (i believe) that would pop em like a whip, or calmly open his pocket knife and stab 'em between the eyes while holding their tail. Said he could hold conversations while doing it too, I love me some snakes, but God didn't make my gonads out of steel like some of those guys.
                                Back when I used to kill them instead of catch them I'd step on their head and pull it off. Just don't want to do that on loose soil. I almost got a boo boo once doing that. Took a sharp toof to the finger. Didn't swell up or nothin that time.

Getting too nonchalant will do that.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 03-31-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X