Nosy neighbor, mouthy inspector ruin home sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
    After talking to all parties involved, or accused to be involved, the only call I may need to make is to TREC.
    The suspense is killing me

Comment

who cares. In this market list it again it will sell for more

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        And raise the price...

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          this, and the neighbor is likely just a chatty old guy...

One thing though is that inspection stays w the house for 3 yrs i believe, so whatever you do DONT ask for it bc then you have to disclose it to any potential buyers.... Id say they wanted out anyway so just take the high road on this one

Comment

Had a nosey neighbor come up while a buyer just so happened to be around at my old house when I was coming home after the scheduled showing. He definitely said way more than I wanted him to say about the cost of houses down the street from mine being cheaper... lol It sold in a week with multiple offers but some people just dont know when to shut up.

Comment

Grumpy old neighbor saw all them screaming rug rats and porch monkeys the buyer brought along and did the only thing he could do

Comment

Next group will get the ol Indian graveyard story. Then all the freak things that he hears at night.

Comment

I'd be a little hot under the collar.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    I would throttle the neighbor and file a complaint with the state licensing board on home inspector

From what I read it was not the home inspector, it was the termite guy. That makes it even worse, his area of expertise has nothing to do with foundations. He was just spreading a rumor so to speak.

Comment

The scene from step brothers comes to mind where they dress up as klan members

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Next group will get the ol Indian graveyard story. Then all the freak things that he hears at night.

I'd be nothing but taillights in the distance when hearing those words....

We looked at a house that had a previous owner shotgun suicided himself inside, we were back in the car before the realtor finished the subject. Probably the Newport Indian graveyard spirits that made him do it. Just saying...

Comment

May be more being blamed on the old man neighbor than is deserved, without talking to him. Sounds like the RE agent took something that was said and ran with it for some other reason.

Comment

See how far back you can go on Google Earth. I there are pictures prior to construction of the house, there should be a picture of the so called pond. If it is not there make a copy of the picture to show buyers, and get a lawyer if you end up losing money and sue the neighbor for claiming it was built over a pond when you have proof it was not.

Comment

Interested to know the agents name since they probably represent in Granbury too. We will be selling a house in the next few months. And want to know who to avoid. I already have a listing agent lined up. And I know it isn’t him…..

Comment

Old neighbor probably meant no harm at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X