Price of new carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of new carpet?

Needing new carpet upstairs at home. Price I just got quoted is between 5 and 6 dollars a sq ft.
    It’s 104 sq ft total
    5100 for grade 1
    5500 for grade 2
    5900 for grade 3

Is this within reason, which grade would you go for. These are my extra/guest rooms.

I'm guessing you mean 104 yds? 50 bucks a yd? Keep shopping

Comment

He said feet but that doesn’t make sense. It’s 2 large bedrooms, 3 normal closets, a short hallway, and the stairs.

Comment

Going to depend on carpet fiber and the type of cushion you use.

Comment

We just paid around 5k for 4 rooms and our master is pretty big. Went with some pretty high end stuff and memory foam pad. People who aren’t used to walking on it always comment how soft it is at first step. That made the price seem a little better but still thought it was higher than giraffe *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 3 divisions in our company. Roofing, windows and flooring. We have flooring crews working every day. Without seeing it I can't get you a great quote but from the hip 4700 low end, 5 mid and 6 high end. That's based on 104 yards. And that's with scotchgaurd memory foam pad Not reground pad. Mohawk is what we sell most of. But don't know what he was pricing you.

Comment

Thanks for the answers

Comment

104 square yards??

Comment

When we built our house we used a higher grade carpet in our bedroom because of traffic. We used a lower grade in guest rooms because we don’t have that many guests and less traffic.

If he is quoting you for 105 yards, that is almost 1000 square feet. Seems high when you figure by the yard.
                  Last edited by captainsling; 02-15-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X