Conservation Goose Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservation Goose Season

Does anyone have a guide service recommendation for conservation goose season that is reputable and have had prior experience with?

I am really wanting to be in the Katy Prairie - El Campo area to keep the drive time down but I am open to suggestions if its a good quality operation.

Was looking into Waterfowl Specialties out of El Campo but haven't found anyone yet with firsthand knowledge.

Any suggestions appreciated.

In

Comment

In. If you need any numbers to complete a group I have 3 men that would be interested.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Goose hunting has gotten really tough around these parts. Birds have moved so much the last several years. A buddy of mine is hunting right now in Garwood. Not even seeing birds. I have heard Jake Huddleston out of Port Lavaca was holding some birds. I have never hunted with him, but he seems to get birds. Hunting mostly over full bodies this time of season. Of course ,those birds could be gone now.
          Good Luck if you put something together.

Comment

Actually the lake at Eagle Lake was loaded last Thursday when I was out there. There is supposed to be a fair amount of snows in Colorado County.

Comment

Man, I remember hunting near Port Lavaca years ago and the place was covered up. Now, for two winters when I drive through the area every other weekend, I haven't seen one goose. My wife came across a big flock about three weeks ago.

Comment

Only person I can recommend is capt jake huddleston. He will be completely honest with you on bird numbers. He will cancel your hunt if he doesn't have the birds. He is not going to just take your money.

Comment

You will probably get alot of people telling you to go to Arkansas. I would stay away from Arkansas. It is over run with guides, and you will likely get a put in a field that does not have birds. You will see alot of birds though.

Comment

just go to canada. or wait till next year. The magic of ecaller died yearssssssssss ago

Comment

I got a picture from a friend in Arkansas today of THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF GEESE HEADED SOUTH AHEAD OF THIS FRONT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chris Slemp 832-466-9646 out of el campo I have heard good things about Huddleston as well. Unfortunately a lot of the guys that are good at killing whites get booked up early in the year. I dont know if he has any dates left but its worth a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          just go to canada. or wait till next year. The magic of ecaller died yearssssssssss ago
                          There is alot of truth to that. You can still have some incredible hunts but realize they don't happen as often as most these social media posters make them seem to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                            Chris Slemp 832-466-9646 out of el campo I have heard good things about Huddleston as well. Unfortunately a lot of the guys that are good at killing whites get booked up early in the year. I dont know if he has any dates left but its worth a call.
                            Not too long ago ol’ Slemp was screwing folks out of money. Still funny to see people recommend him.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Not too long ago ol’ Slemp was screwing folks out of money. Still funny to see people recommend him.
                              Well I can't speak on that but I can say he has killed more geese this year than anyone in the el campo area and I'd even venture to say on the coast

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X