X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013. Bye Felicia

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just passed 2 years being free of 27 years of it having me. Still want a dip often but don't want to ever go back!!

Comment

I laid down the Grizzly Wintergreen and bought the ZYN nicotine pouches to keep me away from the tobacco. They make a 3 and a 6 (nicotine mcg doses per pouch). My favorite flavors were the cinnamon and the coffee. Coffee didn't taste like coffee, but a similar flavor that even jived in the morning with my actual coffee. They helped me get away from the tobacco, and then after a spell of ZYN, the price helped me get away from them as well. My Keystone Lights are the sole sponsors of my habit. From that, I narrowed my beer sipping down to just two occasions... when I'm alone, or around someone.

Comment

Congratulations to those of you who’ve quit. For me, though, I’ll miss seeing those faded dip rings on your back pockets the most.

Comment

I gave Copenhagen up after 33 years of dipping, when I turned fifty. Made a promise to myself to do it at that time and I got it done. That was 15 years ago and a lot of toothpicks. They are still my crutch. I don’t have the cravings anymore but if I knew that there was no way that dipping would hurt me, I’d go buy a can. I know that I can never touch any form of tobacco again or I’ll be hooked worse than before and would probably carry it to my grave.

Y’all stand strong and beat that demon, it’ll be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by jlptexashunter View Post
              keep it up. I quit 4 years ago after 30 years. Don't look back
              KillTheCan.org is dedicated to helping people quit smokeless tobacco. Quit dipping, chewing, vaping and smoking today!

How long have you been quit?
              1673 Days Free
              How much have you saved?
              $8365.00 Saved
              What class were you in on there? You were probably on around when cbird was. Sept '17 here. Got 1637 days and nearly 10k saved. **** good decision. There's another board up now, guys are no nonsense about it. www.quittingdip.com . KTC is still around, but softer these days, I'm no longer on those boards or any these days, but man was I out of my mind my first 200 days or so. Good luck to all yall looking to quit. It's a tough road but worth it.

Comment

Best way to quit anything is “Don’t have it.”

“If you have it, You can’t do it”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

About 20 years ago I went cold turkey and never looked back, was it easy hell no.

Comment

I used to read these threads and think why give up the only vice I have. I gave up women 40 years ago when I got married, I gave up drinking when I thought I was gonna be an alky, well……almost gave it up. Well, fast forward until about Christmas a year ago when I got the China virus. Everything tasted like dog crap smells including Grizzly Long Cut Straight. At the time I had an opened can and three full cans in the fridge. I threw the opened can but saved the others. Sometime in May I thought I might get a dip. Ugghhhh, still nasty. Threw them all away and ain’t had a dip since. Don’t hardle ever even think about it now, which is a good thing.

PS, I quit cold turkey once before for two years and bummed a dip from one of my operators and fell off the wagon. I ain’t promising nothing. I’m nearly 75 years old so I don’t think it’s gonna kill me, it’s just easier not to wag a damm cup around with me and feel like I’m carrying a ball and chain.

Comment

No snuff!

I went through a big container of Costco mixed nuts every few days for a few weeks. After gaining 10 lbs I said enough of that. Haven't had snuff in almost 1.5 years. Hang in there after 2 or 3 weeks it's easy. 1 day at a time.

Comment

I'll be 3 years dip free in a few weeks. I dipped for 25 years and just decided to quit... I carried a full can around for about 3 months and I would pack it open it up smell it and put it back in my pocket. Finally it got so dry it smelled horrible...I threw it in the trash and that was it. Stay at it.. chew lots of gum eat sunflower seeds and eat hard candies like jolly ranchers or peppermints and tuck em in your lip like a dip. That helped me.

Comment

Always wondered why you started in the first place.

Comment

Cigarettes were easy. Snuff was the hardest habit I ever quit. Thought I was going to have to rehab. I finally over came the urge through prayer and self discipline.

Stay strong - you an do it !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                              Always wondered why you started in the first place.
                              Thanks for your valuable input.

Comment

I quit a 20ish year copenhagen addiction Aug 7th of this year. It's getting better but is a daily struggle. If I was awake, I was chewing. More or less just the habit of having something to chew on is what's hard for me. Not so much the nicotine I don't think.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X