No announcement yet.

2021 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only seeing does in the daylight currently. No signs of the second rut yet in Cistern. Did find a dead head which may have died last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In North Eastern part of Washington county the bucks are still after the does. We've seen a large number of deer during daylight hours pretty much all season.

Comment

Pulled cards yesterday and have new bucks showing up and most during daylight at that. So id say the hunting should be pretty good right now. Even though I only saw 1 doe yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Saw a buck locked down on a doe closer to Brenham this week. So I wouldnt say its totally done.

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
          We had a really nice buck on camera on December 23rd a few years ago chasing a doe & working a scrape. And I believe it was last year, my Dad saw a buck chasing a doe in early February.
          Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
          I would think that the next cycle is about to begin for the doe who haven’t been bred...which based off of the action on youth weekend and that following week, should be this coming week. We had heavy chasing going on that Sunday through opening of general season here at the house
          Seems tx dispatcher is right. I saw some younger bucks cruising with nose to the ground. Had several bigger older bucks show up alone to eat corn.

I did pull the trigger on a decent 8 Friday morning but made a high shoulder shot with no recovery. Absolutely zero blood with a 180g 300 win mag round.

Comment

Shot him the first week of bow season in Weimer. Also hunted this weekend and saw 3 small 8's and some spikes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Bucks were acting “rutty” this past Friday where we’re at. We found a dead head as well. This deer was alive in early February.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenith_rowe2004 View Post
                Shot him the first week of bow season in Weimer. Also hunted this weekend and saw 3 small 8's and some spikes.
                That’s a hell of a deer!

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                  That’s a hell of a deer!
                  Thank you, it was my first bow buck and biggest to date.

Comment

There has been a few great bucks killed in Colorado County this year.
                    Here are the current standings for the 2021 Alvin Emmel Memorial Whitetail Contest

Click image for larger version

Name:	Contest.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24670021

Name:	CCWMA 1.JPG
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	24670016

Name:	CCWMA 2.JPG
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	24670017

Name:	CCWMA 3.JPG
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24670018

Name:	CCWMA 4.JPG
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	24670019

If you want to look at the pictures you can go to the website

Comment

You doing it right .

Comment

On top of that you are leading the Archery Division!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin Addict View Post
                          On top of that you are leading the Archery Division!!!!
                          I didn’t even realize that. He’s REALLY doing it right .

Comment

Yeah it was my first year entering the contest. It has been a good year for sure and thank you guys.

Comment

Not seeing much if anything on the camera. The activity has fallen off tremendously. Not sure if it is because of the warm weather or what? Just a couple of feeder rats here and there. Always next season. (Fayette County)

Comment

2021 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

I went out Sunday morning and sat it the truck over looking our feeder and hay meadow. The young 8 thats been hanging around came trotting in for a few bites and to check the does. Then he took out across the hay meadow and into the neighbors. The way he was acting he was looking for something and it wasnt food. So I would say theres at least a few does out there not yet bred that could make the next week or two interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X