No announcement yet.

2020 Coyote Kill Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot another one at 300 yards, maybe a little further than that today. My second furthest kill with a .223 and honestly I'm surprised I hit it. It was a mangy one and I figured I may as well try it. My buddy watched the hit through binoculars. Was gonna walk out and get a picture but it was about 10 minutes before dark, a long ways to walk and it was mangy so I said to heck with it.

Comment

Just popped on with the 17hmr behind the house he took off sure he’s dead somewhere.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

#114. I shot one in the same stand the day before but never went in the woods to retrieve it. Heard it crash and looked like someone dumped red paint all over the ground.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201102-125236_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	24636804

Comment

My buddy in Iowa is at 102 yotes for the year so far. Love watching his videos

Comment

Found mine from last night little .17 did a number on him but he made it 75 yards or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Found mine from last night little .17 did a number on him but he made it 75 yards or so.

Dang! That son of a gun was running on a full tank. Hit him in the lung. Pretty impressive he made it that far.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Dang! That son of a gun was running on a full tank. Hit him in the lung. Pretty impressive he made it that far.
                  Yeah he definitely went further than I thought for being shot at 40 yards.

Comment

And that was with a 17HMR? I've always wanted one, I've got a .22mag I like to carry in the truck but always hear good things about the .17

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
                      And that was with a 17HMR? I've always wanted one, I've got a .22mag I like to carry in the truck but always hear good things about the .17

Yeah 17gr vmax

Comment

18 yards while deer hunting
                        Attached Files

Comment

Shot another mangy one this evening from 225 yards. First shot dropped him and it got back up and just stood there. I got it back in the scope and it was trying to walk off with its front leg in its mouth. The second shot dropped it and it never got back up.

I may go out there tomorrow just to see what the damage looks like. I save fur so I can kind of get an idea what these bullets are doing to a coyote on a mangy one maybe.

Comment

Just to remind everyone: Most Deer Experts claim that up to 30 % of Mature Buck deaths happen AFTER hunting season due to Rut induced injuries, run down condition after trying to breed does in several breeding cycles (ie: every 28 days), and from predation. So when you pass on that almost Mature Buck and hope he is around next year? Yeah, 1 out of 3 won't make it back.

So what can you do to improve their odds in surviving this winter? First, DON'T shut off your feeders on the last day of Deer Season. That worn down Buck NEEDS the nutrition (however slight it may be) from that feeder. Second, DON'T EVER pass on shooting a coyote. I personally start coyote calling / hunting in earnest as soon as Deer Season ends. I know that the upcoming thought is that killing coyotes just encourages new ones to come into the area. That's OK, since they haven't heard my calls yet and are just another predator to remove. I live in Limestone County and can assure you that coyotes are a major threat to wildlife. When I can stand outside my house any night and hear them howling at sundown on at least 3 different points on the compass, there are too many.

Anyway, I will get off my soapbox now and let y'all get back to cussing the election. I agree that we were hosed and fervently hope Trump can litigate his way thru this.

Oh yeah, one last thing.....................GIG 'EM AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Third I’ve popped. Killed two mid September on a work weekend. We’ve taken five off the lease already.

Comment

I shot at two coyotes yesterday thinking I only killed one. Went out this morning and killed a coyote right where I "missed" that one yesterday. Turns out I didn't miss and it was eating the coyote from yesterday. I didn't think coyotes ate each other until now. But they definitely do.

Ended up killing 8 total today. 2 had mange somethin fierce plus the one I thought I missed that I didn't count. One I shot today weighed 44.4 pounds. He's the 2nd one from the top.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by okrattler; 11-07-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X