Cannon safe and external hard drive help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannon safe and external hard drive help

Need some help setting up external hard drive inside my safe. Can someone walk me through this process and tell me what all I need.
    TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are wanting remote access to it, you may want to rethink. It’ll build up heat and turn safe into a oven.

Comment

I am trying to follow how does a hard drive work with a safe ?

Comment

Do you have a usb hard drive or network? My router has a usb connection on the back for usb external drives, just have to have a usb cable from safe to router and plugged in, the white switch will turn on being able to transfer data either way.

If you have a network hard drive, then it would plug into the data port on the safe and network Cable from the safe to the router as well, BUT you would have to also have it plugged into power.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
          I am trying to follow how does a hard drive work with a safe ?
          As you back up your data, it transfers to the external hard drive inside the safe. So, as your guns are protected so is your data and pics. Your desk top may burn , so with these ports in the back of the safe, it allows you to keep a external back up hard drive in your gun safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            As you back up your data, it transfers to the external hard drive inside the safe. So, as your guns are protected so is your data and pics. Your desk top may burn , so with these ports in the back of the safe, it allows you to keep a external back up hard drive in your gun safe.
            Now that’s a good idea in theory. Thanks for the explanation, me being an old geezer it had me scratching my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              Thanks, I get it now you want to physically protect the hard drive and the data on it. I don't think heat would be an issue since it's USB driven.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                Do you have a usb hard drive or network? My router has a usb connection on the back for usb external drives, just have to have a usb cable from safe to router and plugged in, the white switch will turn on being able to transfer data either way.

If you have a network hard drive, then it would plug into the data port on the safe and network Cable from the safe to the router as well, BUT you would have to also have it plugged into power.

Yes sir it is a USB hard drive. So if my router has a USB port I can run a usb cable from it to the safe. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                  Thanks, I get it now you want to physically protect the hard drive and the data on it. I don't think heat would be an issue since it's USB driven.

I should have been clearer in what I was asking. And I’m 27 and it’s almost over my head!

Comment

What type of hard drive... even usb drives can build up heat.

Comment

Working...
                    X