No announcement yet.

Glasses help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just chose a slightly bigger frame lens. No issue whatsoever shooting with my bow and they **** sure didn't cost a grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
      Contacts. They take a little time to get adjusted to wearing them, but they make a huge difference in vision. When I wear my glasses, my depth perception is off especially at night. Contacts are the way to go.
      Contacts are not for everyone.
      I tried several different kinds for 2 months.
      Never could get used to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Contacts are not for everyone.
        I tried several different kinds for 2 months.
        Never could get used to them.
        It's a lesson in patience for sure. Partly you have to find the right ones, but it really does take a couple months for your eyes to be comfortable with them. I don't know how many times I rubbed a contact out of my eye because they weren't comfortable.

Comment

Script glasses wearer. I went from Ocean Waves to Ray Ban's about 10 years ago. I'm a Ray Ban fan now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't use my progressive glasses shooting. The outside edges (where you will be looking through) are blurry. I have distance only glasses for shooting / hunting. I would not like transition lenses in my shooting glasses.

I have also found that a small rim black or brown, is better than no rim because no rim cause the edge to be bright with a glare, making the edge look wider. The small rim will less intrusive than no rim. An extra pair of single vision distance only glasses are pretty cheap. I also have them make the center of vision moved over to the side I am looking through while shooting some, helps with clarity. I have found that a flatter lens is better than a curved lens, the curved lens tends to distort the picture some. I also took a half inch out of my draw length so I can turn my head a little more to make sure I am looking through the lens better and not right on the edge.

Specialty Archery with the hooded peep is great. They make several clairifiers and verifiers for that peep. Go to a good bow shop and they will have every one of them you can look through and try, so you can pick what is right for you. I know On Target in Canton has them all.
            Good luck. Hope this helps.
            Last edited by ELKAHOLIC; 04-06-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I do a lot of bike racing and triathlons and always struggles to read power meter, data etc. I found a simple solution for cheap. You can go to Amazon and order these small half circle lenses that stick to the bottom of your glasses. Best $30 I have spent and I replace them every 2 years. That is using them with sweat rolling down etc.

Comment

Shop eBay for Nike and Oakley frames for eyeglasses. I have 3 pair that were all $250-350 just for frames at my eye doctor. I paid between $75-85 for all of them. I take my frame's to the eye doctor for lens.

Comment

IF... it is like a reading glasses issue to see the pins and not simply blind as a bat, a Verifier peep might be a life saver.

It is a lens inside of the peep and can be changed out by various strengths just like reading glasses or bifocals. I think there are about 6 different strengths of lenses that can be used.

Comment

As been said already you will need a flat lens for archery . I have a old frame w/distance only that I use shooting my bow. My progression set are unusable with bow because of progressive.
                    I just had prescription Maui jims made and there is too much curve in the part of lens where you look shooting to use. I did have them made with the progressive set lower than typical in lens so I can read my phone but not mess with depth perception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a peep verifier mounted on my string- peep with a lens. Really makes the difference. I have to use readers but was still OK shooting without glasses until two seasons ago when my pins were starting to look fuzzy. Heard about the peep verifier and had it mounted- problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X