Blob target repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blob target repair

I have a 24x24 blob that's about 6 yrs old and has I'm estimating 20,000+ shots into it. Most shots were 5 spot so it was worn hard in those areas. I started getting pass thru in the center recently and wasn't willing to give it up for new one just yet. Sorry I didn't get a repaired photo before I put target face back on it.

I used a 10oz tube of rtv gasket seal and a can of low expansion spray foam.

So far so good. Probably 60 arrows in the center and no pass through.

I used the rtv up pretty quick as blob shot up pretty good. I was able to stick the foam spray straw in deep from front and back of target and fill inside voids and rtv seals the surface.

What I think will work as good and probably better is OSI caulk and spray foam. The osi is cheaper (Lowe's has it) and larger tubes. It dries like the rtv. You want to fill with caulk the face surfaces to the depth of the caulk tube nozzle. Let it sit to cure for a while. Then inject the foam where you can from both sides. The foam gets in deep and caulk keeps it from oozing out. I let it all cure for a week before testing.

Arrows pull out really easy. I'm sure I won't double the life but bet I get at least a couple more years out of it and can try a repeat repair. The caulk keeps the blob slivers from falling out. I shot fixed broadheads that did a number on it and won't do that anymore.

Another help is I put a 3rd hand target face on it using fence staples to secure the face. The facing also keeps "guts" from falling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Husker; 10-02-2016, 06:00 PM.

Genius!!!

Comment

Working...
    X