Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    and whole lot less deer up there too!!!

Good luck and stay warm, it’s supposed to be bitter cold in Yankeeland!!
    If it's brown, it's down!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      If it's brown, it's down!
      That would be nice if it were true...Where we hunt in NY has antler restrictions of 3 on one side and they have to be minimum of an inch long. Doe tags every 3 years. Like I said. It is hard hunting, no baiting, no feeders, no motion detector lights, no shooting a half hour before sunrise and a half hour after sunset and super cold here now. 19 degrees now in Sullivan county NY wildlife mgt unit 3H.
      What a hairy ride this morning on I 10 from Kerrville to San Antonio. We spun out a few times and saw multiple accidents all over west bound 10 on our way. But we made it! Not without airport delays...But we made it.

Here is the buck I shot off my place in Harper. A deep forked 6 point with a huge body.
      KIMG2318 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
      KIMG2316 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

I also passed on a few small free range Axis bucks Monday morning in Kerrville. I have meat, I am looking for horns. I do not have a 30" plus free range Axis. One day.
      These two got a pass.
      Good luck boys and hunt safe!

I miss Texas already
      KIMG2343 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Good Luck Tony!!

Comment

Good movement this evening. Mature deer coming to corn........

Comment

I'm glad yall are having some success! It's been tough at our place, only one lease member has shot a buck so far. I probably wont be back down there until December due to my work schedule.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              That would be nice if it were true...Where we hunt in NY has antler restrictions of 3 on one side and they have to be minimum of an inch long. Doe tags every 3 years. Like I said. It is hard hunting, no baiting, no feeders, no motion detector lights, no shooting a half hour before sunrise and a half hour after sunset and super cold here now. 19 degrees now in Sullivan county NY wildlife mgt unit 3H.
              What a hairy ride this morning on I 10 from Kerrville to San Antonio. We spun out a few times and saw multiple accidents all over west bound 10 on our way. But we made it! Not without airport delays...But we made it.

Here is the buck I shot off my place in Harper. A deep forked 6 point with a huge body.

I also passed on a few small free range Axis bucks Monday morning in Kerrville. I have meat, I am looking for horns. I do not have a 30" plus free range Axis. One day.
              These two got a pass.
              Good luck boys and hunt safe!

I miss Texas already
              Good luck in NY and on getting the big axis when you get back to Texas!

Comment

My cameras have barely anything on them the past 2 weeks. Sat in another stand not on a feeder and saw a nice 9 point trotting through the field. No time for a shot.

Is it worth it to sit over the feeder this time of year?

Comment

Our feeders were ghost towns for a couple days after the acorns dropped, but they've been busy again the last few days. Lots of axis again. Whitetail does are back, and there's been several bucks on cameras cruising through checking for hot does. I don't think the does are there yet, but the bucks are out all day and night the last few days cruising. They're not camping out at the feeders, but we're seeing them go by. For every picture you get of a buck at the feeder, there's probably 10 more instances where the buck came by downwind of the feeder to check, but didn't show up on the camera.

Comment

I had been bow hunting hard but couldn’t seem to close the deal. The one morning that it’s super cold I decided to be a wimp and sit in a rifle stand with a heater. Of course a good mature buck comes out and eats my hand corn from the night before when I was bow hunting. Saw several deer that were much bigger than this one but just not as old. Bucks have been chasing like crazy the last few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most buck moment today San Saba and McCulloch than I’ve seen in years. All of them chasing does hard. One doe had 4 bucks running her at the same time. Hopefully they’re still moving like this when I get to the ranch.

Comment

Had a giant come out tonight and absolutely blew it. Back strapped him. Watched him stand up on the hill for about 15 minutes after the shot. Completely sick about it.
                        Last edited by Fajkus7; 11-14-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post

I had been bow hunting hard but couldn’t seem to close the deal. The one morning that it’s super cold I decided to be a wimp and sit in a rifle stand with a heater. Of course a good mature buck comes out and eats my hand corn from the night before when I was bow hunting. Saw several deer that were much bigger than this one but just not as old. Bucks have been chasing like crazy the last few days.

Nice buck. Congratulations!

Comment

We are headed west for our first sits at our new place north of Brady! Hopefully we have some LDP’s to share soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                              Had a giant come out tonight and absolutely blew it. Back strapped him. Watched him stand up on the hill for about 15 minutes after the shot. Completely sick about it.

It happens. If it was a non lethal wound just figure its better than gut shooting him and never finding him

Comment

Acorns are gone. Young deer hitting corn. Have not seen a mature anything in 5 days. Thinking about moving a camera To the orchard...........

Comment

Working...
                                X