Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone near BCS wanna try to shoot a pig tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone near BCS wanna try to shoot a pig tonight?

Like it says.... going to try some spot and stalk pig hunting after dark. I'm in Franklin and the grass is high and wind is blowing out of the North instead of the South but I bet we can get it done. It will be a rifle hunt in a pasture that has cows so I need someone who is disciplined and can follow directions. This wont cost a dime but I won't whine if you want to put a $20 in the tank. I would put shot opportunity at 90% and the rest will depend on our shooting.

If tonight don't work out and the clouds are clear I may go tomorrow night. Shoot me an email if interested..... jboller2033@gmail.com.
    Last edited by Jon B; 07-12-2019, 07:10 PM.

Great gesture!! Good luck!

Comment

Good man! Keep us updated if you get on some.

Comment

I will be going out tonight. Any green screeners interested?

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Thanks Jon, I wish I was still there but, had to go to work. Nice gesture!

Comment

I wish, sounds like fun

Comment

I'm in Austin and I'd take you up on this in a heartbeat but I'm packing up for a scouting trip today. Thanks for the offer!

Comment

Also, how does it work shooting pigs at night like that? Are you using thermal scopes? Or just waiting for the moon to get high?

Comment

I use the light from the moon. I run swaro binos and Leupold scopes. I will drive the ranches looking for hogs. Can typically spot them from several hundred yards off. I play the wind and stalk into place. Shots are usually inside of 80 yards...off of shooting sticks and sometimes much closer. I will usually hunt untiI we get a couple down. I have been skunked but it doesn't happen often.

Comment

Really wish I could make it! Just too far. Great offer.

Comment

Last night was a great night weather wise in Franklin to hunt. How did you do?

Comment

I decided to wait and go out tonight m

Comment

So we really had to earn it...... I took the green screen's very own Axis Buck out for a hunt this evening. We worked our tails off before we were able to seal the deal on a really nice sow. It was probably the slowest night of pig hunting I have had in several years. I was pretty certain I had wasted his time but we ended up getting it done.

I think he might be hooked on the spot and stalk be pig hunting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job, guys!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X