No announcement yet.

Bow Sling.....yes or no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for me. Took it off and have never seen a need for it.

Comment

Yes on the wrist sling.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        Quit using a wrist sling a while back. If your bow is set up properly and you’re shooting heavy arrows, your bow won’t try to jump out of your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I agree but think it has more to do with contol and peace of mind rather than arrow selection. I have shot both heavy and light arrows out of my bow, and neither made it jump from my hand.

My sling helps when I'm stalking because it saves my grip. I will walk holding the bow for a while then just let go and let it hang from my wrist for a while so my hand doesn't get tired. Also kept me from dropping my bow a few weeks ago while hiking up a wet hill in 40 degree rain. Almost fell, and had the sling not been there my bow would have hit the ground.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
          I agree but think it has more to do with contol and peace of mind rather than arrow selection. I have shot both heavy and light arrows out of my bow, and neither made it jump from my hand.

My sling helps when I'm stalking because it saves my grip. I will walk holding the bow for a while then just let go and let it hang from my wrist for a while so my hand doesn't get tired. Also kept me from dropping my bow a few weeks ago while hiking up a wet hill in 40 degree rain. Almost fell, and had the sling not been there my bow would have hit the ground.

I see what you’re saying. It’s all personal preference. I have a fairly long stab for hunting so when I’m walking the woods I usually have the stab in my hand and the bow leaned against my shoulder. A little more stable that way than just dragging it through the brush

Comment

Yes-wrist

Comment

I see what you’re saying. It’s all personal preference. I have a fairly long stab for hunting so when I’m walking the woods I usually have the stab in my hand and the bow leaned against my shoulder. A little more stable that way than just dragging it through the brush

I did that at one point too, but I had to climb under low brush and stuff too so In those circumstances I held it out in front of me. Had to hold it a lot of ways to make it through that hike. 3 miles up the side of a hill and across the top. I need to get a longer stabilizer too. I have seen Cam Hanes and Joe Rogan wear their bows around their neck too, straddling the sight and stabilizer. My sight isn't long enough for that though!

Comment

I did that at one point too, but I had to climb under low brush and stuff too so In those circumstances I held it out in front of me. Had to hold it a lot of ways to make it through that hike. 3 miles up the side of a hill and across the top. I need to get a longer stabilizer too. I have seen Cam Hanes and Joe Rogan wear their bows around their neck too, straddling the sight and stabilizer. My sight isn't long enough for that though!

Rocky Mountain 5 pin. Microadjustable and never comes off the marks

Comment

I'm in the no crowed. Used one for years and it never once caught my bow. Has anyone here ever had their bow saved from a drop by one? I've been shooting without one for nearly 20 years now and have never dropped my bow.

Comment

Usually. Sometimes I take it off, but always end up putting it back on the bow. I guess it's like wearing my seatbelt. I have never needed it (knock on wood) but I feel safer with it. Especially up in a treestand haha.

Comment

Yes, just doesn’t feel the same without it specially hunting from a lock on stand

Comment

Yes for wrist sling

I’ve always had one on my bows and decided one time to take it off. Just felt awkward so I put it back on. Serves no purpose for me other than comfort as that’s what I’m use too

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          I guess it's like wearing my seatbelt. I have never needed it (knock on wood) but I feel safer with it.
                          Lol so true. I've never needed my seatbelt for an accident, but I still wear it. My bow has been saved a couple of times though.

Comment

No wrist sling. I used to use one but it seemed to always be in the way. I took it off and have not looked back. I shoot a Mathews SBXT and my bow is dead in hand at the shot. No worries of dropping it.

Comment

Rocky Mountain 5 pin. Microadjustable and never comes off the marks

I have the HHA Optimizer lite .010 right now. Just switched from the Trophy Ridge React one pro dovetail. It was too **** heavy out front for me.

Comment

I have the HHA Optimizer lite .010 right now. Just switched from the Trophy Ridge React one pro dovetail. It was too **** heavy out front for me.

I don’t have the dovetail. I leave dovetails for target archers.

Comment

Working...
                                X