Paycheck Protection Program .....Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paycheck Protection Program .....Revisited

They extended the time limit to be charged with fraud from 5 years to 10 years for anyone who committed fraud to receive funds from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). We discussed this over a year ago and I just saw this on the news today, so I thought I would bring it back up. You can actually click on the bottom link and see if loans were repaid, forgiven or not. Time will tell if they go after the ones who committed fraud.

I wish that they would launch the same diligent auditing program to go after bogus disability recipients. I’m tired of seeing the abuse that tax payers are funding. If you can go water skiing and snow skiing you can work somewhere. Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      I wish that they would launch the same diligent auditing program to go after bogus disability recipients. I’m tired of seeing the abuse that tax payers are funding. If you can go water skiing and snow skiing you can work somewhere. Rant over.
      Drives me absolutely crazy.

Comment

I agree. The waste and abuse is ridiculous.

Comment

Imagine that……….fraud in a government giveaway, I’m shocked!!!

Comment

Yeah I see many bankers and well to do local families on that list. Our local barber and his wife got 4 loans total. That was around the time he bought a new Chevrolet trail boss truck. I imagine some businesses really needed it, but it was a free for all for most I’m sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder how much of this affected the vehicle shortage / jacked up price situation we are currently in. Never made sense to me why you would buy a new truck right now (unless you had to).

Comment

I thought that was crazy from the start. Many, many hands in that cookie jar that need audited.

Dizz-ability is a joke too. Just because you lived on Mountain Dew and can barely walk because you’re fat AF doesn’t mean we should be paying your bills.

Comment

I’m in the dump truck business in a popular area for people to move to so business actually boomed harder here with all the lockdowns and people moving out of the cities. Even though we all were doing good about 75% of the companies out here jumped on the PPP wagon and got all they could. Learned a lesson from that. Even conservatives that hate all the giveaways don’t mind taking a few million free if they can. Sure was glad when they put out the list of who all got money. Explained all the new rv’s, boats, trucks etc that I was seeing around.

Comment

I didn’t get a dime. But I don’t begrudge the ones that did. It’s not like the government didn’t steal a hell of a lot more from them over the years.

Comment

I've had a handful of people ask if we're hiring. Then tell me I'd need to pay them under the table, or in someone else's name because they're on disability. I don't think so guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                        I’m in the dump truck business in a popular area for people to move to so business actually boomed harder here with all the lockdowns and people moving out of the cities. Even though we all were doing good about 75% of the companies out here jumped on the PPP wagon and got all they could. Learned a lesson from that. Even conservatives that hate all the giveaways don’t mind taking a few million free if they can. Sure was glad when they put out the list of who all got money. Explained all the new rv’s, boats, trucks etc that I was seeing around.
                        100% accurate. I have friends that rag every govt. program out there (rightly so) but when it was their turn they took every cent they could get. We never missed a day of work, and none of our people missed a day of pay even when they didn’t work. If you honestly believe giveaways are destroying this country (they are), then you’re basically committing treason by taking that money you don’t need.

(If the govt shut you down they should pay your bills)

Comment

A few TBH are the list too !
                          Lots of money was spent from those PPP loans ! A bunch of businesses expanded too.

Comment

Take all the free money u can get. If u dont, someone else will

Comment

We would have qualified for ~ $1,00,000 each round but refused to apply. Several of our subs did though and got several hundred thousand a piece, each round. Business has never been better for us or them in the last couple years, so I know the money wasn’t needed. It was the uncertainty going into it that made them and their bankers apply. It’s sickening to know the money that was handed out for no good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X