White bass………are delicious!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White bass………are delicious!

So, I’ve fresh water fished many many times and I enjoy it but the only fish I’ve ever liked were catfish.

Everything else just tasted fishy to me so I’ll catch them but I won’t eat them.

This afternoon we cut up our haul from yesterdays trip but paid close attention to cutting everything “red” out of the meat and BAM! Wonderful fried fish nuggets!

It could also be that some of my taste buds aren’t the same since the Rona. I couldn’t even smell the fish being cleaned lol.

Either way today, they’re fantastic!

Enjoy some pictures of my kids on their first fishing trip. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great times- definitely Thuh Rona though! Fresh water feesh other than catfeesh wasn’t meant for human consumption

Comment

Y'all are goody. Crappie are delicious. No red meat. Sandbass are fine too. No need to cut anything out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had many a fish fry for lots of people with just white bass. You got it, cut the red meat out and they are fine eating. I like the way they fry up crispy too.

Comment

Not

Comment

Not a big fish person to begin with, but I busted out the cast iron and put some rendered bacon fat in the pan, seasoned the sand bass with Traeger's Blackened Saskatchewan seasoning and put it straight into the pan...pretty good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
              Had many a fish fry for lots of people with just white bass. You got it, cut the red meat out and they are fine eating. I like the way they fry up crispy too.

Yep we watched a couple tutorials and both said cut the red out. I also made the easiest homemade tarter sauce and Lord we put a dent in these fish!

Comment

Awesome pictures! Glad yall had a good trip. Whites aren't my favorite but I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  Awesome pictures! Glad yall had a good trip. Whites aren't my favorite but I like them.

Crap Doug I forgot to write you back!!

Comment

Comment

Sandbass are fine. I prefer crappie for Texas freshwater fish, but there isn't anything wrong with fried white/sandbass with the red cut out. Very nice white firm flesh. Wife won't eat any fish with the red in it, so its an automatic cut out for me.

Comment

I’ve eaten 1000’s of white bass in my lifetime. It’s always been good table fare.

Bisch

Comment

The only difference between a white bass and a shad is white bass bite lures.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            I’ve eaten 1000’s of white bass in my lifetime. It’s always been good table fare.

Bisch

Same here, that's the only fish we ever ate growing up. My dad loved sand bass fishing and we would clean hundreds per day, before limits, on Lake Buchanan many years ago. We never cut the red out of them when I was young. I do cut red out on stripers and hybrids, and now I cut out most of the red on white bass. Instead of cutting completely against the skin, I'll stay about 1/8" to 1/4" away from the skin leaving the red meat on the skin. Then cut the red lateral line out and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              The only difference between a white bass and a shad is white bass bite lures.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              I think I just swallowed my tongue I’m laughing so hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X