Skid steer tiller attachment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid steer tiller attachment??

Anyone used a tiller attachment for a skid steer for food plots? I would assume they would be great. If I were to get one and it did great for food plots I’d prob just sell my tractor and all its implements. None of mine are much bigger than 1-2 acres and both my properties are in somewhat sandy soil, very little if any rocks.

Also anyone have any experience as far as brands go? I have seen some JCT units somewhat reasonable but that are in the cheaper end I think. I have seen cheaper and more expensive. I went higher end in the brush cutter but since I’ll only be using this couple times a yr wouldn’t think I’d need to spend top dollar.
    I’ve always just used my 6’ disk and tractor.

We have one at work that is a Kubota brand tiller

Comment

Found out my sunbelt rental rep has them for rent so that is one I’ll be renting since I will only use it 2-3 weeks a yr

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Found out my sunbelt rental rep has them for rent so that is one I’ll be renting since I will only use it 2-3 weeks a yr
        Maybe post a review if you use it..Interested.
        Thanks!

Comment

Ok here’s something to ponder about renting attachments, if your hydraulic system is in mint condition and you hook up an attachment that’s been on a machine with a system full of metal which most rentals and Farmer Johns crapper everyone abuses are since they never get serviced correctly, you just wiped our your pump or killed it’s life span at the least and filled your entire system full of somebody else’s metal soup… When you start replacing components you’ll have a stroke on how fast you can drop a fortune. A high flow pump can run upwards of $18,000 depending on the model and a low flow around $5-8,000 plus labor not to mention drive motors, valves, accumulators and hundreds of other components. Moral to the story is don’t rent attachments and hook them up to your hydraulics under any circumstance, last time I did I spent almost $20k to fix it.

You’ve been warned,, you may get lucky and you may not but for the few grand a tiller will cost us it worth the gamble? FYI they work pretty good but I wouldn’t even consider using one to pant multiple food plots If their over an acre in size, I’d rent a bigger tractor and do it personally and I’ve got 2 skiddy tillers in the shop. They have thr place but not for farming acres with.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
            Ok here’s something to ponder about renting attachments, if your hydraulic system is in mint condition and you hook up an attachment that’s been on a machine with a system full of metal which most rentals and Farmer Johns crapper everyone abuses are since they never get serviced correctly, you just wiped our your pump or killed it’s life span at the least and filled your entire system full of somebody else’s metal soup… When you start replacing components you’ll have a stroke on how fast you can drop a fortune. A high flow pump can run upwards of $18,000 depending on the model and a low flow around $5-8,000 plus labor not to mention drive motors, valves, accumulators and hundreds of other components. Moral to the story is don’t rent attachments and hook them up to your hydraulics under any circumstance, last time I did I spent almost $20k to fix it.

You’ve been warned,, you may get lucky and you may not but for the few grand a tiller will cost us it worth the gamble? FYI they work pretty good but I wouldn’t even consider using one to pant multiple food plots If their over an acre in size, I’d rent a bigger tractor and do it personally and I’ve got 2 skiddy tillers in the shop. They have thr place but not for farming acres with.
            This is excellent advice. Don’t ever rent hydraulic skid steer equipment.

Comment

Makes sense!

Comment

I've got a buddy who bought one a couple years ago, and it's only been used a few times. It's at our shop in Princeton and he's thinking about selling it if youre interested.

Comment

All of my food plots are usually for hunting so usually 1 acre or less, all of my places are somewhat sandy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    I've got a buddy who bought one a couple years ago, and it's only been used a few times. It's at our shop in Princeton and he's thinking about selling it if youre interested.
                    Send me some info on it, I'd be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post

Def something I didn't think about.

Comment

Up, I see a lot of JCT, Wolverine and titan on marketplace. This will only used twice a yr with a total of about 10-15 acre total so hate to drop big coin on a $5k plus unit but don’t like buying junk either. There is great and there is good enough for its intended use. Anyone bought and used one of these units?

Comment

Why not just rent tiller and skid steer and do it all with their equipment. Maybe cheaper than repairing your good equipment

Comment

I just did a repair on a machine ended up around 17 grand. Did three pumps and all filters and fluid it adds up quick

Comment

I already have a skid steer, just trying to decide on best tiller unit to buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X