Release went through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release went through

the washer. I washed my hunting clothes last night when I got back form a sit & my Stan Perfex was in my pocket. Should I do anything to it?? Light oil or anything??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WD40 displaces water. Spray it with that especially in any crannies, then blow it out and wipe it off.

Comment

It should be ok but a light oil like WD40 wouldn't hurt.

Comment

I wouldn't use standard WD40, its great to get stuff unstuck but as a lubricant its subpar. I'd let it dry out in the open then a couple 3in1 drops in the trigger area and you should be good to go. WD40 also has chemicals that aren't ideal getting on plastic or fabrics.

The WD40 lithium is great though. I use that more than just about anything because it doesn't run much.

Comment

I use powdered graphite that way there's no smell.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
            I use powdered graphite that way there's no smell.
            This. But be sure to apply it outside and not over the white porcelain kitchen sink. Ask me how I know.

Comment

First of all, its probably fine. Personally, I would hit it with some lighter fluid and be done.

I (personally) wouldn't use oil or really any kind of lubricant. You could call Stan and see what they say.
              Last edited by Nate Riley; 11-05-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Had a release get wet and started sticking. I put a few drops of vegetable oil on it at camp. Never had any trouble with it afterwards. No smell.

Comment

I called Stan & they said just blow it out with air & put it in the sun to let it dry out. But DO NOT put any type of lubricant on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Moisture absolutely destroys a release. That is why I’ve never hunt if it’s foggy, drizzling, raining, high humidity……

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Moisture absolutely destroys a release. That is why I’ve never hunt if it’s foggy, drizzling, raining, high humidity……
                      Took me a few seconds but then it started working.

Comment

Working...
                      X