Backup generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
    It’s included if within about 25 ft of the gas meter or propane tank.

Understood..

Sweet deal man I might be able to get you some work if you’ll come closer to Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We typically work from around Baytown to Orange and some right inside Louisiana but have been known to venture a little further west as well.

Comment

Are there any TBHr’s that could give me an estimate on parts, labor and installation? I’m in Snook, 18 miles west of College Station.

I would need a propane tank also.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
          Are there any TBHr’s that could give me an estimate on parts, labor and installation? I’m in Snook, 18 miles west of College Station.

I would need a propane tank also.
          I don't know anyone in that area but I can let you know installation/labor was $950, 120 gallon tank was $1350 and the parts from HD and Amazon cost about $300. Then there is the big ol extension cord/rv hookup (4 prong)... that is about another $300.

All in, about $3,000 + the generator.

Edit. Tank should last me 7 days in the event I need a week's worth of power.

Comment

I know everyone is trying to keep the cost low but in my opinion you want one that comes on automatically. It's nice to be able to lay in the bed at night when the power goes out and you hear the unit start up, versus getting dressed and going out to do the steps to get it going. Same thing for when the power comes back on, just let the system take care of it. It's really nice if you are away and power goes out. Nothing like a freezer full of whatever going bad. Working on one for me but have to get a lp tank buried and go thru all the red tape in the city, but what a peace of mind. Good luck, hope we don't need them but you just never know. It's like a spare tire, most dry rot but we all carry them.

Comment

Did my own 18k Generac w/ auto transfer switch.
              That was all we needed for our 1,500 sq ft full house backup.
              Was $8,500 all in. Includes 500G propane tank and fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                Did my own 18k Generac w/ auto transfer switch.
                That was all we needed for our 1,500 sq ft full house backup.
                Was $8,500 all in. Includes 500G propane tank and fuel.
                Great deal.

Comment

I went cheap with the transfer switch a Honda eu7000is and a hard start on our 4 ton AC.

Comment

Working...
                  X