Pine prairie fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easttxbowman View Post
    i work for the company's who's land is being burned up.
    afm?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      Heck it keeps 50-60 convicts out of trouble while doing time.

The IWC program is comprised of approximately four to six crews of 10 to 12 inmates each from the Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Los Lunas. Each crew member is trained in forest health, bosque restoration, conservation, and wildland firefighting. Each year, they work side-by-side with professional firefighters on numerous wildland fires in New Mexico and in other states as needed.
      Since its inception, hundreds of Level 1 prison inmates have gone through the program. The low-risk inmates are those convicted of nonviolent crimes and are not sex offenders. They must also have clean jail records to participate in the program.
      Many former inmates have gone on to work as wildland firefighters for the Forestry Division after serving their time. Others are working for Forestry cooperators, including federal agencies in New Mexico.
      In California, they use inmates a lot. It was one of the reasons fire season 2020-2021 was so bad. The jails wouldn't let them out to go work a line.

Comment

Per the Crabb Prairie VFD, as of 1:45 the fire has NOT in-fact jumped the Trinity. So thank God for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Per the Crabb Prairie VFD, as of 1:45 the fire has NOT in-fact jumped the Trinity. So thank God for that!
          Thanks for the update

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw this floating around. If true I hope they can get these crew members some nourishment.
              Attached Files

Comment

I just heard 50% contained and 1850 acres burned

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                  How did this start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Tree limb broke and fell into a distribution line then fell to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                  X