Home Insurance Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Insurance Renewal

Well, we were bracing for the increase on our home insurance renewal. Praise the Lord, my wife just called and said that it actually went down a little due to us putting a new roof on in December (which they covered). I have been super pleased with Texas Farm Bureau over the years. For those of you shopping policies, you may want to check them out.

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Well, we were bracing for the increase on our home insurance renewal. Praise the Lord, my wife just called and said that it actually went down a little due to us putting a new roof on in December (which they covered). I have been super pleased with Texas Farm Bureau over the years. For those of you shopping policies, you may want to check them out.

I’m going to switch when I get home from this deployment. American Risk Insurance is terrible. We got screws bad during the freeze with the fine print of their policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
      I’m going to switch when I get home from this deployment. American Risk Insurance is terrible. We got screws bad during the freeze with the fine print of their policy.

Hate to hear that they got to you on the fine print. We've only had one claim so far with Texas Farm Bureau and it was easy, quick, and smooth. The roofing company was shocked at how well they took care of us and how they covered a whole new roof when most wouldn't have. He said he had dealt with a lot of insurance companies and we had a good one.

Comment

Germania
        Farm bureau both good.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Germania
          Farm bureau both good.
          Yep, we had Germania years ago and had no complaints.

Comment

Also a roofer here. After dealing with Safeco with my own personal hail claim and seeing how customers were being treated by them I decided I needed to switch. Safeco’s claims department is awful. Long delays on claims and they don’t want to pay for things on a roof if they pay at all. Anything they can think of to save money. No reason a roofer should have to pay out of pocket any money towards a roof with an insurance policy on it.

TFB has really impressed me on the claims I’ve dealt with. So I gave them a call. They were waaaaaay cheaper on a home and auto policy with better coverage. TFB, Farmers, and Travelers is who I recommend all my customers to as of now. USAA also good if you’re a current or ex service member.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
              Also a roofer here. After dealing with Safeco with my own personal hail claim and seeing how customers were being treated by them I decided I needed to switch. Safeco’s claims department is awful. Long delays on claims and they don’t want to pay for things on a roof if they pay at all. Anything they can think of to save money. No reason a roofer should have to pay out of pocket any money towards a roof with an insurance policy on it.

TFB has really impressed me on the claims I’ve dealt with. So I gave them a call. They were waaaaaay cheaper on a home and auto policy with better coverage. TFB, Farmers, and Travelers is who I recommend all my customers to as of now. USAA also good if you’re a current or ex service member.

That's surprising about your issues with Safeco. Usually they are SUPER easy to deal with, but given the economic situation it wouldn't surprise me if they're being a lot more restrictive about what they classify as a covered loss.

But to hear you say Farmers is who you'd recommend is really surprising. I know some Farmers agents and I think they'd be surprised to hear that too. LOL

Comment

I’ve had Safeco for years and no issues. Did a hail damage claim with zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I’ve had Safeco for years and no issues. Did a hail damage claim with zero issues.

We write thru Safeco, Germania, Travelers, Tower Hill, and numerous other A+ rated carriers and have never had an issue with claims. Had a few hail claims last year that the carrier was Safeco and they paid out no problem. Some adjusters are better than others though… I prefer to write thru Germania if the client qualifies and is in an area they write.

Comment

Working...
                  X