No announcement yet.

Barrel length 308 Suppressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can throw on a thread adapter to your 300 WSM from Brownells. If you have to have a short 308, then I suggest a 16" unless you really want to chase velocity.

Comment

Get a tikka t3x and cut it to 18” & have it threaded..
      Or if you want to save some $$, just get a Ruger American predator in 308 that already has an 18” threaded barrel

Comment

TC with 18” is only 38” with Trash panda

16.5” Rem SPS in Q sidechick 34” folded or 45” unfolded

Suppressed TC next to my 20” 5R

Love the shorty as easy to handle in blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
          TC with 18” is only 38” with Trash panda

16.5” Rem SPS in Q sidechick 34” folded or 45” unfolded

Suppressed TC next to my 20” 5R

Love the shorty as easy to handle in blind.

This is what I am working on right now. Just waiting on the suppressor to get out of jail and the TC Encore to get back from the smith. Getting it pinned and welded at 14.5" with the rugged brake to go with the suppressor. Should be about as handy of a truck gun as you can ask for.

Figure some 150 gr bullets should do well out of it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a strong look at the Bergara Ridge SP. I have been pleasantly impressed, and I was coming off Sako’s I could bring myself to cut and thread.

Comment

Definitely no longer than 16.5 at the intended distance. I run a 16.5 with a hybrid 46 shooting 165gr accubonds and have perfect expansion on deer at 520 yards. I have shot it out to 800 very consistent In this set up.

20” is over kill for 2-300 yards when you hang the can on the end it will be long still.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                This is what I am working on right now. Just waiting on the suppressor to get out of jail and the TC Encore to get back from the smith. Getting it pinned and welded at 14.5" with the rugged brake to go with the suppressor. Should be about as handy of a truck gun as you can ask for.

Figure some 150 gr bullets should do well out of it.

My 10” 300blk contender SBR might be the best truck gun with the exception of my 8.75 suppressed 44 mag SBR contender.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  My 10” 300blk contender SBR might be the best truck gun with the exception of my 8.75 suppressed 44 mag SBR contender.
                  A 44 mag with an 8" barrel on it SBRed is on my short list. What optic you put on that 44 mag? I figured a little fixed 4x would be about perfect for something like that or a 2-7 or 8 power.

I could even just keep this frame setup and just get it engraved and tax stamped and swap between the barrels at will was something I had also thought about doing. Or getting a mares leg threaded and sbr it and throw a rifle stock on it as also been a thought I have had as well.

Comment

I can tell you from experience 22" is way too long to try to maneuver around. I went to 16"

Comment

16.5 is my vote

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                        Look at the Sig Cross, 16in barrel drives tacks.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          I can tell you from experience 22" is way too long to try to maneuver around. I went to 16"
                          Agree. I went to 13" and love the rifle. Need to go shoot something with it asap.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

16-18in

Comment

16" Ruger scout rifle with YHM Resonator K and Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 with some reloaded 180 SST and AA2520 pushing 2500+FPS...

Comment

Not same caliber (6CM) but I did a 16.5" with Omega can on it last year and it's my ABSOLUTE favorite gun. Killed lots of critters with it out of small deer blinds, truck window, fence posts, laying prone,etc. Its a great balance overall. If you go over 18" it'll be long, front heavy, and feel unbalanced. The bullets they offer nowadays for slower speeds/short barrel rifles are great. I use ELD Match and ELDX with great success 40yds to 500yds.

Comment

Working...
                                X