No announcement yet.

The day has come….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats and retired with no debt is great!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      In all seriousness, how were you comfortable retiring at 41 years of age with two mortgages/debt? I take it cash greatly outweighed liabilities? Congrats either way.

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      In all seriousness, how were you comfortable retiring at 41 years of age with two mortgages/debt? I take it cash greatly outweighed liabilities? Congrats either way.

Mortgages was the only debt I’ve ever had. I’m 45 & have never had a new vehicle. I’ve always bought used & very cheap. I’ve never paid over $1200 for a vehicle & several have been giving to me. Never been one for the “finer things of life”. Always been happy with what I’ve had & just put money up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you! Congratulations!

Comment

Its a great feeling. Im 44, house, land, trucks and toys are all paid for. No dept is a great feeling.

Comment

Good for you. Congratulations.
            Never paid $1200.00 for a vehicle. Now that’s amazing.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!! Very different path than I chose. I do like fine things. I will have paid for 22 years of college when my kids are all done. I’ll leave enough for my grandchildren to go to college. I have traveled, have a small ranch, etc.

I am glad I’m doing it this way but I also respect the heck outa how you did it. There are days I wish I had retired already, and you guys that do it deserve props.

Comment

Good for you. I was in Weldon Monday.

Comment

Now if they would just drop property tax…

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Now if they would just drop property tax…

Sell your property, live in a van, under a bridge, down by a river.

It's like a free KOA campground. Place to stay, fish, and bath in the river. And you can always travel to different bridges all over the U.S. Go see the country!

Just a thought, that sometimes crosses my mind. .....................
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-28-2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

That’s awesome! I have a little different opinion, but each person has to chose what is most important to them. We enjoy travel and experiences and spend a lot of money on those things. I also believe you have to spend money to make money. Investing in property, air BnB rentals, etc is good debt that I hope will set us for life financially in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Sell your property, live in a van, under a bridge, down by a river.

It's like a free KOA campground. Place to stay, fish, and bath in the river. And you can always travel to different bridges all over the U.S. Go see the country!

Just a thought, that sometimes crosses my mind. .....................

Free at last, Free at last!

I bet you would meet some interesting folks parked along with ya under da bridge.
                          Just remember to bathe upstream of the encampment.

Comment

I’m curious what you plan on doing now that you are retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                              Mortgages was the only debt I’ve ever had. I’m 45 & have never had a new vehicle. I’ve always bought used & very cheap. I’ve never paid over $1200 for a vehicle & several have been giving to me. Never been one for the “finer things of life”. Always been happy with what I’ve had & just put money up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I’m surprised that as “tight” as you are, that you could walk away from a paying job that early. I would think you would love that money too much. Good for you

Comment

Awesome to hear and congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X