No announcement yet.

Tyler- nice place to eat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick's on the Square- live music after dinner. Always a good time. Stanley's is cool if you want BBQ.

Comment

No Grove!!!

Comment

I forgot about villa montez. Might need reservations there not sure

Comment

Originally posted by Artemiz View Post
          I'll second Happy's Fish House. Makes me wish I had a reason to drive through the area.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          I never thought I’d get up and drive 20 miles to eat breakfast on a Saturday morning, but we do frequently at Happy’s. The same folks own the two best Tex-Mex restaurants in town also, Mercados and Posados.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I never thought I’d get up and drive 20 miles to eat breakfast on a Saturday morning, but we do frequently at Happy’s. The same folks own the two best Tex-Mex restaurants in town also, Mercados and Posados.
            I thought highly of you until you said that mercardos and posados was the best in town.....

I will have to try Happys again tho per your recomendation i tried it not long after it opened. That was about the same time as bud jones and i would take bud jones over it anydays.

Prime 102 is mine and the wifes new favorite place to go. neat atmosphere also. For us local folks it makes you forget your in Tyler.

I will say the Grove is a really neat option also there beef wellingtons are dang good.

I need to try Culture but it was a mask Nazi place for a while so i banned it in my mind.

Also do yourself and the wife a favor and pick up some Brians Cheesecake on the way out of town. I recommend the Salted Carmel Apple.
            Last edited by dclifton; 02-15-2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
              I thought highly of you until you said that mercardos and posados was the best in town.....

I will have to try Happys again tho per your recomendation i tried it not long after it opened. That was about the same time as bud jones and i would take bud jones over it anydays.

Prime 102 is mine and the wifes new favorite place to go. neat atmosphere also. For us local folks it makes you forget your in Tyler.

I will say the Grove is a really neat option also there beef wellingtons are dang good.

I need to try Culture but it was a mask Nazi place for a while so i banned it in my mind.

Also do yourself and the wife a favor and pick up some Brians Cheesecake on the way out of town. I recommend the Salted Carmel Apple.
              Thanks for the tips/options. I have Prime 102 on the short list.

Comment

… Mercados is just above Taco Bell,……. Sometimes. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Mercados is above taco bell simply because they have beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    I’ll admit I haven’t been in there in a while, but I doubt it’s that bad.

Comment

Tyler- nice place to eat??

Villa Montez is a low key nice place steaks and Mexican food with flare

Setting is an old plantation style house converted. Owners are cool dudes food is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Clear springs - catfish and onion rings

Comment

Seafood…..Happy’s Fish House …..dang good breakfast too !
                          Bar-b-que……….RibMaster in Whitehouse, just a few miles SE of Tyler on 110. No better ribs anywhere !

We just chowed down on some HAPPY’S about an hour ago. I had the ribs and she had boiled shrimp. All I need now is a nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Really nice—-Prime 102, Kiepersol and Dakotas
                            Pretty nice—-Bernard Mediterranean, Ricks on the Square and The Grove
                            Really good but not fancy—Stanley’s or Javis

Those are my picks

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                                Really nice—-Prime 102, Kiepersol and Dakotas
                                Pretty nice—-Bernard Mediterranean, Ricks on the Square and The Grove
                                Really good but not fancy—Stanley’s or Javis

Those are my picks
                                Dang… I forgot about javis!!!! It’s a winner too

Tyler has tons of good food

Comment

Working...
                                X