Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh vet questions dog vs coyote

My lacy got into a fight w a coyote last night
    Aside from normal rabies shots which she's up to date on is there any standard procedure you have recommended.

I'm not about spending alot as she seems to be just fine other than couple of small bite marks on her butt that I cleaned

I figure it would have been alot worse bc it was an all out war in the brush from what I could tell

My beagle got ate up good by a yote he was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m surprised she didn’t kill the yote. They ain’t so tough by themselves.

Mines been in a few fights with them and she’s been ok. Just a few cuts.

Comment

I usually just watch the bites and clean daily until they start healing up good. My dogs never been in a coyote fight, but plenty of stick stabs and even a couple run in's with barbed wire and tractor implements.

Comment

My neighbors dog kills them all the time in his pasture. He usually just cleans the wounds up & keeps an eye them. The dog brings the dead coyotes to the back porch like “look what I did”. About 2 weeks ago he had 3 coyotes on the porch. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
            My neighbors dog kills them all the time in his pasture. He usually just cleans the wounds up & keeps an eye them. The dog brings the dead coyotes to the back porch like “look what I did”. About 2 weeks ago he had 3 coyotes on the porch. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

He deserves a ribeye…. lol

Comment

I’d buy that dog !

Comment

Dang what breed is the dog?

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                  Dang what breed is the dog?

He’s Pit. Weighs in around 75lbs.

Comment

lock him in a corn crib, but don't let your son try to open it. I hear that Hydrophobie is bad this year

Comment

Depending on if the cuts get infected, I know a big time houndsman in S.Tx will cook a steak blue in a stick of butter to coat the dogs stomach to help fend off fever/infection as they lick the wounds. But he also runs for cats, so their cuts tend to get infected more.

Comment

Best dog ever!!
                        Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                        lock him in a corn crib, but don't let your son try to open it. I hear that Hydrophobie is bad this year
                        That's what I heard too..

Comment

Dog

I'll take him.

Comment

Nope

Festus had that one time and he survived.

Comment

Yep, it'll turn 'em Yeller!

Comment

Working...
                              X