No announcement yet.

Maven binos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the pros and cons of 10x42 vs the 9x45? I mainly hunt east texas bow/rifle split probably 50 50. Which would yall recommend. I use redfield binoculars now and they get the job done but if these will help me better determine a nubbin buck at the feeder 130yrds away vs a doe then it's time for an upgrade.

Comment

10x50 Razors or Leica IMO Met the Maven crew at TTH and I felt they were pompous and wanted my money elsewhere. To each there own! Razors glass was awesome in backcountry this season

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
        How are the C series?
        Compared to other brands in that price range they are superior. You can not customize th c’s but still great glass. My daughter runs them and looking through mine next to hers not much of a difference. The b’s are built a little stronger

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefLA3 View Post
          10x50 Razors or Leica IMO Met the Maven crew at TTH and I felt they were pompous and wanted my money elsewhere. To each there own! Razors glass was awesome in backcountry this season
          Lmao! Who did you talk to? They are anything but pompous. I know several of them personally. The company is awesome and stand behind their products.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
            Lmao! Who did you talk to? They are anything but pompous. I know several of them personally. The company is awesome and stand behind their products.
            He does not own a set of Mavens, so not sure where he got the opinion from. I own several Mavens and the "B" series are very high quality, the "C" series not so much. I would put the "B" series above the Razors but below Leica, I got this opinion from a recent hunt in Utah. My guide had a set of Razors that was gave to him as a tip, so we compared them.

Comment

Y’all have kinda confirmed what I’ve seen about maven binos. Looks like a set will be on my future.

Comment

Y’all have kinda confirmed what I’ve seen about maven binos. Looks like a set will be on my future.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                  Awesome. How would you compare them to Swarovski?
                  I have 10X42 swaro's and Maven 8X30, and the Mavens are every bit as good and much smaller.

Comment

Where are the mavens manufactured ,are all models made in the same country ?

Comment

Originally posted by fatchamp View Post
                      Where are the mavens manufactured ,are all models made in the same country ?
                      Japanese glass and parts and assembled in Japan, Philippines, or San Diego depending on the model.

Comment

Swarovski and Leica should alway be left out of these debates. The cheaper brands aren’t as good plain and simple. Now if on a budget they can be a better deal for you but never better overall. The competitor here is Vortex Razor and from everything you can find they’re better than the razors.

Comment

How are the eyecups on the Mavens? Are they loose and rattle without a solid lockup? How have they held up for you guys who bought them.

I'm looking at the Vipers, Luppy BX4, Monarch's... all in 10x42 and around the $500 price range. I'm not paying over $500 for china crap.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                            Get your hands on a set of Zeiss Conquest HD’s if you’re looking for a serious upgrade but not wanting to spend $1,500-$2,000.
                            I would say the mavens are a better deal than those Zeiss models you mentioned. And I have owned Zeiss, Leica and maven.

Comment

I have the S.1S 25 x 50 spotting scope and it absolutely fantastic. Clear as a bell it replaced my Vortex. I am going to drop coin for the 15 x 56 binos next.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                I have 10X42 swaro's and Maven 8X30, and the Mavens are every bit as good and much smaller.
                                I can’t say that mavens are the same as Swarovski but I will say the Swarovski is not worth a 1000.00 more .

Comment

Working...
                                X