Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for your girlfriend, her family and u

Comment

God bring you peace and comfort. Praying for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
        My girlfriends family are very religious almost all of them and that helps. Im cried out. Ive prepared myself for this day awhile ago and tried to prepare her for this. I pray for anyone that is struggling with this disease. Yesterday i talked to alot of struggling addicts that overcame heroin. Keep asking why he couldn't do it. Today is going to be very hard on her. All i can do is be by her side and keep praying. It just sucks. All the prayers are appreciated.
        Hagen I’m so sorry to hear this. PM coming.

Comment

Prayers! I have batted and fought my own wars with alcoholism and addiction. The pain we inflict on others is horrible and tragic. What you believe or don’t believe about addiction is a personal thing. At the end of the day my prayers go out to the families who suffer from our actions. I pray also for the addict as well. My life is dedicated now to being here to help them as someone was here to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005
            Your kinda in the same class as the newbie... Why you have to crap on other people's struggles with your holier than thou "BUT"s.... Nice addition...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t expect anything less...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WIKI View Post
              Prayers! I have batted and fought my own wars with alcoholism and addiction. The pain we inflict on others is horrible and tragic. What you believe or don’t believe about addiction is a personal thing. At the end of the day my prayers go out to the families who suffer from our actions. I pray also for the addict as well. My life is dedicated now to being here to help them as someone was here to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              What your doing is very honorable. Way to turn things around and be in service to others. We can't change the past but we can use it for good in the present.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                Till he hits rock bottom, his chances are zero, heroine/ opioids are tough to kick
                Don’t help him one bit, he has two choices 1. Die 2. Admit powerlessness and seek a higher power
                What a powerful picture! I don't have any experience OP, but I will pray for him and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by butleryn
                  Great that you share your stories here and emotions. At least you get the possibility to know that you are not going through this alone. What is the actual situation with your brother. Look, all rehabs are good. I've worked as a volunteer at Drug Rehab South Africa and have seen so many people with different addictions. As some mentioned above, it's all about the willingness to quit. Rehabs work around concrete instructions, so they are all the same. You might just overpay for better hospital conditions. But they all treat in the same way. Try to discuss with him and show him that his life is ruined.
                  I respectfully disagree that "rehabs are all the same" and "they all treat in the same way." A few different ones that come to my mind are traditional (12-step), holistic, religious, cognitive behavioral & dual diagnosis. I agree that willingness is essential but would add "open mindedness & honesty" are, also.

Comment

Working...
                  X