X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo ????

Man-
    Ammo is in short supply...

You guys see any light at the end of the tunnel ?

Worried about what is going to happen after TUES

After Tuesday it'll start getting easier to find again because that dumbass Biden won't be in the Whitehouse. He'll be on his way to the old folks home.

Comment

I hope your right on that one

Comment

I talked to a guy that owns a big sporting goods/gun store in Alabama this last weekend and his comment was that the manufactures are 2-3 years out and are sending partial orders just to have stuff on n the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
          I talked to a guy that owns a big sporting goods/gun store in Alabama this last weekend and his comment was that the manufactures are 2-3 years out and are sending partial orders just to have stuff on n the shelves.
          And making a killing doing it. Economics 101.

Comment

They aren't dumb!!!

Its not the ammo in short supply. It's the components to make the ammo or the boxes/plastic.

Comment

Where are you located ? Carter’s Country in Spring is well stocked .

Comment

I hear 6m improvement...1y to back to norm

Comment

Ammo is like toilet paper three (3) months ago.

Comment

Seems like manufacturers have gotten into a pattern. Happened during the Obama administration, then before 1st Trump election, now second.

There will be about a 1 year shortage after election then it will come back and be available for 2 years then back into shortage for another year or 2. Rinse and repeat.

This isn't driven by increased buying. This is driven by manufacturers creating a false temporary shortage to create sales booms during the next 2-3 years.

Pulp and paper as well as resin are maxed out right now but they could find another way to package if they wanted to.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's just become part of the election cycle...
                      I had .22's set back and some other ammo...

Buy a reloading press and set some supplies back and it becomes less of a factor.

I had the press, got caught short of supplies after a move, but I'm fixing that!

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                        Seems like manufacturers have gotten into a pattern. Happened during the Obama administration, then before 1st Trump election, now second.

There will be about a 1 year shortage after election then it will come back and be available for 2 years then back into shortage for another year or 2. Rinse and repeat.

This isn't driven by increased buying. This is driven by manufacturers creating a false temporary shortage to create sales booms during the next 2-3 years.

Pulp and paper as well as resin are maxed out right now but they could find another way to package if they wanted to.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                        It isn't a manufacturer created shortage when we literally have sold more guns in the first 9 months of this year than any previous year on record since they started keeping tally and that was just in September. Only gonna get worse through out the year.

Comment

Ammo started getting short back when the last lead smelter in the US was shut down in 2013. After that lead had to be imported or reclaimed. Covid surely had an effect on that supply chain as has the opportunity to reap big profits by having an artificial or real supply shortage. Look for mfgrs to come up with other metals and material to make bullets from. They better hurry because Biden.Harris.Beto are coming out hard to eliminate all ammo if Trump loses the election.

Comment

Happens every election. I bought when it was plentiful and cheap. Only thing I could need more of is .22-250 In 55grain or heavier. I bought a Hornady auto progressive reloader a few years ago, I’m still slowly acquiring the dies I need.

Comment

In high volume manufacturing the automated equipment is both extremely expensive with long lead times. A properly run manufacturing operation should be running at about 80-85% capacity. There is no doubt a huge uptick in demand right which has outstripped the manufacturer's excess capacity.

The problem is though, a business is not going to hire more people and acquire more capital equipment unless the market will sustain that business. A ton of firearms/ammo companies got hosed during 2012 and 2016 because they spent a ton of money to ramp up production but when the panic was over demand dropped back to normal levels.

I've got some friends that are high ups in some of these companies and they are simply waiting to see how things play out. More than likely demand will ease up and things will slowly return to normal. You can bet though, they aren't going to spend a bunch of money not knowing what the market conditions will look like over the next 1-3 years.

Imagine spending 3-4 million dollars on a new ammo production line only to have an ammo tax implemented next year. Demand gets squashed and you are left holding the bag.
                              Last edited by 175gr7.62; 10-30-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X