Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    That wind with the west in aint no good for clarity.

So is it gunna be good or not? I’m about to head that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Any good Vibrio resources to learn about it? Recent case in Destin too, has my wife and I worried about the kiddo on our upcoming trip.
      It’s a nasty bacteria, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about it every time a trout gets me with a tooth or I poke myself with a hook. That said, the CDC estimates there are only around 200 cases a year of vibrio vilnificus a year, although there are other types and causes of “flesh eating bacteria”. Considering the tens of millions of people who get in the water each year, your kids will be in much more danger on the drive to the beach than when they actually get there. It enters the body through cuts and scrapes, or by eating contaminated seafood, and people with compromised immune systems are at the most risk. Water proof bandages over cuts and scrapes, and immediate and proper wound care of new injuries is the best preventative. Or of course keeping your kids out of the water if they have fresh wounds. If they get an injury, and it’s abnormally red or swollen, or if the pain level becomes more severe than would seem normal for the injury, see a doctor right away. The quicker treatment begins the better the prognosis for recovery.
      Last edited by bullets13; 07-11-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

The fact of the matter is this.... the most dangerous thing about your beach trip, is the car ride there. Enjoy the water, wash out fresh wounds with peroxide after getting out of the water.

Comment

Got offshore in the bay boat out of Sargent this morning
          Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Buncha weak stomach girlymen....[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              I will freely admit that I am. That is effing awful.

Comment

Anybody tried Bolivar lately?

Comment

Just realized I left my chronarch/Waterloo combo on the beach in Sargent Monday, somebody’s going to have a good day smh.

Comment

Nice Haul cwitttttt!!
                    Congratulations on a fine catch indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                      Just realized I left my chronarch/Waterloo combo on the beach in Sargent Monday, somebody’s going to have a good day smh.
                      That’s terrible. Dang

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        What time? I might make it.
                        Did you decide whether or not you can come play in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                          Did you decide whether or not you can come play in the morning?
                          Yes sir I'll be there

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                            I lost a Calais in West Matty one time, I feel your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Yes sir I'll be there

Excellent!!!

As Quackerbox said "we're gonna need a mile of beachfront" for all the folks showing up

Comment

Hey I resemble that comment....see y’all in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X