This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    Actually 1,000 yards isn’t really a measuring stick. As said above it’s about 62 yards per game. Backs are measured more on how many 100 yard games they have so when you get a back rushing for 1,500+ yards a season then he’s elite. 62 a game is average.

No matter matter how dominate your line is a back has a split second to see the hole and then he needs the acceleration to hit it. A good o-line may get a huge push and allow any back to gain 4 yards every time they touch the ball, but a great back has the vision to see the holes, accelerate, hit them and turn the 4 yard gains into 20 yard gains.

I also hate comparing backs like Alfred Morris’s numbers against Zekes. How many times was the box stacked when he was in there? Or how many times did he pick up 8 yards on a draw play on 3rd and 15 against the dime? Reminds me of the year Troy Hambrick averaged like 6 yards a carry and everybody said we didn’t need Emmit anymore(although it was towards the end of his career) then Troy Hambrick got the starting job and averaged 3 yards per carry. It’s different when the focus is all on you and you’re the guy.

Man y’all are selling Elliot short. One thing that has been proven is that Dak is below average without Zeke and maybe average and just good enough with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many 1500 yard backs were there last year?

There were only 9 rushers with 1000 yards or more last year..... that’s far from average by the numbers.

The benchmark is 1000 yards. Sorry

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      How many 1500 yard backs were there last year?

There were only 9 rushers with 1000 yards or more last year..... that’s far from average by the numbers.

The benchmark is 1000 yards. Sorry

Ezekiel Elliott- 1,440 in 15 games.

2 years ago over 1,600 in 15 games.

The guy is elite and not everybody can do what he does.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

I get it that is a passing league now, but you’re not going to win that way if you don’t have a qb that can throw the ball consistently. Philosophy has changed in the league, but there was never a rule implemented that says you can’t be a run first team with an average quarterback and win.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          Facts are facts. You’re correct. I will not argue Emmitt vs Barry with you because we obviously have differing “opinions.”

The benchmark for a RB to have had a successful season seems to hinge on the 1000 yard mark. While it may not be that impressive to you, it’s the standard by which most grade.

This whole topic centers around if Zeke is worth the money he’s wanting. Each team weighs in on that based on the strength of the supporting cast. My point is, Dallas doesn’t need Zeke to have a successful season running the ball. They shouldn’t invest absurd amounts of money in him when his production over replacement is PROBABLY not significant.

I agree with not breaking the bank to get him a new contract, I just don’t believe they’re good enough without him. If he’s not there, and I’m a Cowboy fan, I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Mike and Troy made that thing work more than Emmit, IMO. Not just because of what they did on the field, but also because of the tone they set.

Micheal definitely set a tone and Aikman was a strong leader, but the heart of that team was Emmitt. He was a vocal leader and inspired his team with his play. Do you remember the game against the Giants in 1993 to clinch the NFC East championship? Emmitt ran for 170+ with a separated shoulder. That’s just one example. The Cowboys would not have won or have been the dynasty they were without 22. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingle67 View Post
              Micheal definitely set a tone and Aikman was a strong leader, but the heart of that team was Emmitt. He was a vocal leader and inspired his team with his play. Do you remember the game against the Giants in 1993 to clinch the NFC East championship? Emmitt ran for 170+ with a separated shoulder. That’s just one example. The Cowboys would not have won or have been the dynasty they were without 22. No way.

I agree about Emmitt, and I do not think they will win anything without Zeke, Zeke will probably rush for 1400 and have 800 in receiving this year, he will be used much better than Lennihan used him, mark it down, if he shows up he will have at least 2200 yards from scrimmage, that is a load.

Comment

Stole this pic off the Facebooks. Flight from Mex to Dal. He’s alive. [emoji3061]

Comment

Zeke who?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pollard looked great... Dak getting the ball out quicker.

Witten sighting

Comment

Pollard doing just fine. Longer Zeke goes the less his stock is worth. Guy should have showed up day one and cashed in on play.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Pollard doing just fine. Longer Zeke goes the less his stock is worth. Guy should have showed up day one and cashed in on play.

My thinking is Zeke's stock went down a good bit. Chunn looked pretty decent as well and played good on special team. There were a few more bright spots on defense. Depth looks better than it has in a while. I think Rush may have clinched his spot. Next game should be real interesting.

Comment

I bet they make Mike White pay his own airfare back to Dallas before they release him. I don’t care if he is a 5th round pick. The game is way too fast for him.

Comment

Ole #82 Rides again!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            I bet they make Mike White pay his own airfare back to Dallas before they release him. I don’t care if he is a 5th round pick. The game is way too fast for him.
                            Looked to me too like he needs to find a new line of work

Comment

They been hyping Pollard up pretty good ever since they drafted him, he is going to make some big plays, exactly what they needed.

Comment

Pollard looked to have a good burst he def didn’t look like athletically he was struggling to keep up. Dak still didn’t show me anything especially on that deep ball.... also who got the cfb thread locked!

Comment

Working...
                                X