No announcement yet.

2019 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do anything with heirloom seeds? Been reading a bit about it. I think it would be neat to grow some old school stuff. Stumbled across a tomato seed that was brought over from Italy in the late 1800's.

Comment

Had a heavy frost last night. I guess another tonight. Glad I covered my tomato's up.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
        Anyone do anything with heirloom seeds? Been reading a bit about it. I think it would be neat to grow some old school stuff. Stumbled across a tomato seed that was brought over from Italy in the late 1800's.
        I have heirloom tomatoes in the garden now but not that old of an heirloom. Mine are called Mortage Lifter tomatoes...developed during the 1900's by a guy out of Illinois I believe. Sold enough to pay off his mortage note.

Comment

THESE 30 something decree nights or not helping much in the garden!!!

Comment

Guess it's a good thing our garden was delayed a bit... we have had frost last 2 mornings out on the prairie... was 33 this morning when I left the house and headed into town. My mature pecan tree had not budded yet, but a new one I planted 2 years ago already had small leaves on it... Probably won't go well for it this year...
            Might get to turn the plot over again this evening and maybe lay down some rows so my bride can begin planting, but... Old folks at home used to say, "when it thunders in February, it will frost in April." It thundered quite a bit in February round about my place, and especially near the end of the month so I'm bettin' we get a good stiff cool spell round about Easter... they also used to refer to that as the annual "Easter Cool Snap"... Here's hopin'...

Comment

Heavy frost here again. My garden is only 10" x 10" so I cover the whole top with some wind screen. Small, but enough for two people and some friends. Onions in another 10' x 10'.

Comment

Can someone help me out with my seedlings? I started them on Feb 10 and they seem to not be growing like they should. I figured that they would be ready to put in the ground by now but they are not. They have been under a grow light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Need sun!

Comment

Got tomatoes, peppers, herbs, yellow squash, carrots, green beans in the ground.

Pears, lemon, grapefruit, olive, fig, orange, lime, blackbery and blueberry where planted last year. I hope I get some out of them this year.

Still need to so okra, cucumber and eggplant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything is in for me except for okra. Nice soaker yesterday should get everything up and running. No major issues or setbacks yet. Now it's hurry up and wait and get all my canning gear situated.

Comment

2019 Gardening thread

I got tomatoes and peppers in the beds in mid March and the the hail hammered them 2 weeks later. The maters are coming back strong but I started a few more in pots just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's up with my cabbage? I did plant it 2yrs ago and didnt harvest anything from it. Since then it has been neglected, last year it grew but nothing else. This year it just took off about a week ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

May garden video

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                              WOW! Great video sir!

Comment

Does any body know what would cause brown spots on pepper leaves and leaves to wilt and fall off of pepper plants? I’m thinking either over watering from all of the rain or bacterial leaf spot from all of the rain? Will the bounce back? Can’t get a picture to load.

Comment

Working...
                                X