No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good the hear of successes for the kids this past weekend..

Comment

Hey J, that NYBC qualifier looks stacked this weekend!

Comment

Just paid for gws passes and package again for this year... guess its official..i committed..
        . ..pretty much official when wife booked the condo..but now its official we are goin for baseball

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Hey J, that NYBC qualifier looks stacked this weekend!
          no doubt, I wish we were playing

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Just paid for gws passes and package again for this year... guess its official..i committed..
            . ..pretty much official when wife booked the condo..but now its official we are goin for baseball
            What dates are yall going? I think you posted earlier? We will be vacationing outside of baseball over Father's Day.

Just remembered yall mentioned it earlier and looked it up, lol.
            Last edited by jer_james; 03-11-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

we are going june 16-21, I think system was the same week...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                we are going june 16-21, I think system was the same week...
                Yup.. 16-21.

Comment

Fun weekend - weather was pretty close to perfect after about 10 am. Dressed in layers for the morning, in short sleeves by afternoon!

Team played well overall going 4-1. Came up short against a really good team from Waxahachie. I dont think they will be AAA much longer. We were down 3-1 going into the 4th, started a crazy comeback and go up 6-4. Only to be bested on a walk off grand slam as time expired just after it was hit.

Jax still cant find solid contact/holes, but got hit twice in the Final game, lol. He straight took a curve ball that was coming at him. Saw him turn his front leg and just prepare for impact, lol. He actually loves that, hahaha. Second one, a hard throwing big kid plunked him with a fast ball right to the back. He tossed the bat and clapped 3x on the way to first. Parent after the game told him she loved it, and it looked like he almost enjoyed it. He told her, I have to psych myself out or I have to answer to (pointed at me and his Mom and Step Dad) them with a grin on his face

He has been amazing on defense in the field rotating between primarily second and some short. He accounted for 6 outs in the final game either off grounders or fly ball outs.

Fun stuff heading into this weekend.

Comment

My poor son had a bad experience. Hard hit ball right at him in LF and he made a last step adjustment and ball hit glove & fell out. Cost them two runs on that play as there were 2 outs. Poor guy was hanging his head & it crushed him. I feel bad for him because his heart & work ethic is very solid it’s tough when you get very limited opportunities to prove yourself and have a mishap. He learned a hard lesson if you play long enough you’ll make some errors and just got to keep your head up and working hard to improve. That was a long quiet drive back home. As a parent it’s tough to watch these under pressure to perform moments. I just hope he can rebound & get back out there and work hard at it

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                      My poor son had a bad experience. Hard hit ball right at him in LF and he made a last step adjustment and ball hit glove & fell out. Cost them two runs on that play as there were 2 outs. Poor guy was hanging his head & it crushed him. I feel bad for him because his heart & work ethic is very solid it’s tough when you get very limited opportunities to prove yourself and have a mishap. He learned a hard lesson if you play long enough you’ll make some errors and just got to keep your head up and working hard to improve. That was a long quiet drive back home. As a parent it’s tough to watch these under pressure to perform moments. I just hope he can rebound & get back out there and work hard at it
                      This is honestly one of the most important parts / if not the most important part of baseball at a young age as they are growing.

Mental game, and focus are absolutely at the top of the list. How you react to different situations is HUGE in development, and just an overall enjoyment.

Good Luck to yall going forward! Lots more games to play!

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        Tell him learn from it go back to practice and get better every week. Move on to the next tournament and put it behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                          Tell him learn from it go back to practice and get better every week. Move on to the next tournament and put it behind you.
                          Yep I’ve told him. His confidence level is a little low as it is. He’s undersized for his age so he doesn’t have the hitting power & arm strength his teammates have. He’s also lacking in experience compared to others. I’ve told him to let these factors motivate you to work on things but I want a healthy balance where he doesn’t see it as a constant job & lose his passion for the game. Little kid with a big heart and experiences like this will happen and comes with the territory. Hard lesson to learn but has to overcome & remain confident

Comment

Yup thats the sucky part...
                            You can tell them "baseball is a game of faliure" over and over..
                            Show vids of the best in the world doing exact same things...
                            ..doesnt mean much...
                            I tell Tan..i dont care if you let a failure bother you to the point of tears..shows me you care enough not to let it happen again...at least..till the next time it happens again...because it will..happen again..

Pretty sure he thinks im drunk 95 % of the time..

Comment

I tell our guys when it comes to errors that they can only help you if you think about why they happened, and figure out how to fix it next time. After that they can only hurt, so you just have to forget about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whelp - we somehow ended up in the Majors for this Super NIT. I have no idea how this happened. Will make for a quick weekend, lol.

This 11 Majors bracket up in DFW has some of the best talent you will find at this age level. I was hoping to follow it, lol. Not getting destroyed by it

Comment

Working...
                                X