No announcement yet.

Texas Sized Hog Trap - Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all skittish around traps so the trick is to let them think it is not a trap. The trigger tire is 75 feet from the gate.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        They are all skittish around traps so the trick is to let them think it is not a trap. The trigger tire is 75 feet from the gate.
        This is a good strategy. When I was running traps regularly, I wouldn't set the trap for a week or so when I put it in a new location. Let em get comfortable and they'll mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          Wouldn't it work better if the tire was in line with the pin? You may be able to put the pin in further then.
          I started thinking about this and you are probably right. I'll adjust it when I can. For some reason I was thinking the pin would just pull out too easily but the the weight on the gate rope it would not be that easy. Thanks!

Comment

In for the trapping!

Gettem Girl!

Comment

nice idea

Comment

I just saw where they went by the gate but not in. The babies that could fit in my hand 2 weeks ago are now like big melons! ��

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  I just saw where they went by the gate but not in. The babies that could fit in my hand 2 weeks ago are now like big melons! ��
                  Those melon size pigs are some of the best eating on earth.

Comment

Using panels with the big holes insures that you won't catch many small ones as they can squeeze thru and be gone. I've had several running piglet shoots driving up to the trap. I have some chain-link fencing I am going to line the inside of the trap with to keep the little ones inside with momma.

Comment

Strategy Dustoffer, strategy.

We approach from cross wind. Use suppressor fire, taking the big ones first. If the small ones are small enough to slip through, the coyotes can have them. I also understand the boars will kill them. Plus, I haven't had any small ones slip through the fence yet.

Comment

I fixed the line to the tire to where it will pull straight out, so 90 degrees from the gate line. I also moved the big truck tire to the back side of the small tire to keep them from pushing it to the tpost. Now, we just need them to come visit.

Comment

I have a feeling there is going to be an update soon!

Comment

I’m here for all of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting

Comment

Awesome thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X