Garlic powder
    Chicken Fry
    Panko Crumbs
    Egg
    Milk
    Veggie oil
    Pepper Jack
    3 cups of raw medium length rice

In a large 7-9 quart gumbo pot, add 5 quarts of water. Add 1/2 pound of chicken liver, 1-1/2 pounds of ground pork to your pot and bring to a boil. Also add 1/2 cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup of chopped celery, 3 chopped cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, and 1 teaspoon of your favorite cajun seasoning. Continue boiling for 1-1/2 hours

When the 1-1/2 hrs are up, remove meat mixture and seasonings with a mesh strainer from pot and place in a large bowl. I used mesh strainer rather than a collender strainer because I wanted to make sure I gathered as much seasoning and veggies from the pot as I could. I find that collender holes are too large and too much seasoning gets left behind.

Once you have the mixture in your bowl, take that mixture and run it through a grinder to grind and remove any large chunks in the mixture. Fold in a half cup of freshly chopped green onions into you ground mixture and set aside.

In a separate pot, cook 3 cups of rice. *Pro tip, use chicken stock in place of water when cooking rice for more flavor.

Mix both your cooked rice and ground mixture together. *If it seems too dry at any point, you can add some left over stock from draining your meat mixture. Once the mixture is cool, you can bag and store in refrigerator over night.

Take out your mixture and a block of pepper jack cheese. Cut your cheese into small blocks as seen in the photo below. Form tennis ball sized balls with your mixture, add two small blocks of cheese to center and pack some more mixture on top to make roundness complete.

You can place the formed balled onto trays or parchment paper until you flour them.

Prepare your fryer with veggie oil, you'll want to make sure you pour enough oil to fully cover the balls as you fry them.

Next roll the balls in flour (I add cajun seasoning to my flour), then into an eggwash, then into a bowl with a mix of 1 cup of chicken fry and 1 cup of panko (I also add cajun seasoning to this). Drop intro fryer and fry until you have a deep golden brown. Remove and let cool down some. Repeat with each ball (My fryer fried 3 at a time. And congrats, YOU'RE FINISHED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna have to make these for super bowl!

Comment

Man that looks good.

Comment

Daaaaaang!! Looking good AC!

Comment

Saved for later

Comment

I'm trying this soon!

Comment

That’s looks good! Could you stuff it into links with the cheese also?

Comment

That’s what I’m talking about. Looks great AC

Comment

Looks yummy! I will try it.

Comment

Looks great will def. give this a go! Thanks

Comment

Any substitutions for the liver, hate it. Other than liver sounds great.

Comment

Looks Tasty!!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Fantastic looking.

Comment

Dang Gina!! Tagged for later looks amazing

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X