Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
    Going tomorrow afternoon when the cold front comes thru in the morning.
    Good luck, I have not seen anything lately.

Comment

Yah no luck this season here -- so far.

Prob going to move spots next year and scout more ;-), assuming I win the lotto.

Was odd until all those acorns fell (2 days before season) there was 8 does coming to my spot normally like clockwork....soon as they fell they disappeared and never showed up again. Smart does.

Some does have come back over time but only at night. One nice shooter buck too but also only at night. Vampire Deers.

Going to try once more time on Sat/Sun prob.

Comment

I shot another yearling doe Friday afternoon. That makes two for me this year.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
          Nothing today.

Cold but wind did calm down when I was there this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
            Congrats! Over feed? AM or PM. From the reports, not much moving these days.

Comment

It was afternoon at the feeder. fifteen min after it went off. That morning was the ice morning. A lot like this afternoon will be. clear and cold.

Comment

late season Buck

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 buck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24282583

Late season Buck i am sure glad they extended the season, I have been after this buck on and off most of the season he finally made that fatal mistake late yesterday evening chasing a doe too bad he had broken off some on the right. i think the cold weather has the bucks moving a little better he was defiantly after does. And for the exemption last year bucks didn't count is what Stacy told me. I shot an 8 last year she said doe's and spike only cause that is what they are trying to manage. So ill have to draw again to much work hauling does out i can shoot meat at a buddy's place luckily. I about had a hart attack dragging him out.

Comment

Originally posted by pro hunter View Post
                  [ATTACH]594707[/ATTACH]

Late season Buck i am sure glad they extended the season, I have been after this buck on and off most of the season he finally made that fatal mistake late yesterday evening chasing a doe too bad he had broken off some on the right. i think the cold weather has the bucks moving a little better he was defiantly after does. And for the exemption last year bucks didn't count is what Stacy told me. I shot an 8 last year she said doe's and spike only cause that is what they are trying to manage. So ill have to draw again to much work hauling does out i can shoot meat at a buddy's place luckily. I about had a hart attack dragging him out.
                  GREAT JOB!!!
                  Hope I get in next year

Comment

Late Buck

Congrats on the buck! The hard work paid off.

Comment

Nice congrats!! What area did you harvest him in?

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Heading out for one last time in the morning. went out today to check on everything this afternoon.

Comment

Anybody know when we have to have our stuff out by?

Comment

I believe it is march 15th and we need to send something in after we remove.

Comment

Sent sunday morning and saw nothing.

Took down my stuff also.

8 months and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X